Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

hands in the glove

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Captainobvious 
#1 ·
hi. im not completely new to boxing. i train on my own sometimes and at my school's boxing club.
but i have a question...
im having a problem with my hands in the boxing glove when i hit the heavy bag. i use 16 oz training gloves and i wrap my hands. the issue is that when i hit the heavy bag, the tips of my fingers dig into my hand. my nails get pushed back and my fingers bend. im thinking that i just have extra long fingers but that just seems a bit ridiculous. and its discomforting enough that im asking lol

should i get a different pair of gloves or am i just holding my hand in the glove wrong?

#2 ·
Sounds to me like you're not using pro quality gloves. If the gloves you use are formed correctly, theres no way that your fingers could "dig" into your hands at all. I would pick up a pair of gloves for myself if I were you from a quality manufacturer like Ringside, Title, or Everlast. Make sure that they have the attached thumb and that they have the thick foam padding and a secure wrist lock (hook-and-loop) closure or lace up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.