Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on picking up a heavy bag, and a double end bag from Ringside.com but I've got a few questions. What do I need to hang a heavy bag/double end bag? I plan on making a set up in my garage, and was just curious as to how to go about hanging them. The speedbag I am gonna buy, I am going to buy a platform for, so that shouldn't be too hard, but the other too I'm a bit confused about. Also I weigh about 140, so what size heavy bag should I purchase. I was thinking about a 70 pound, but I'm pretty new to boxing, and im in ignorance as to what I need. Thanks

·
Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
70-100lb bag should be ok, especially if you have a floor mount hook and a bungee to keep the bag from swinging. Ill post pics of how I hung the Heavy bag I have, in my garage as soon as I get a chance. I dont have exposed studs in my garage, so I had to use a stud finder, and install a unique but very effective setup, especially considering the ceiling height is low. All of the parts I was able to pick up at a Sears Hardware store. Ill list it out and post pics later tonight for you.

·
Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
Sorry, Ive been a bit busy with the holiday and all. Here are some of the pics i promised you.

The square tubing piece is approximately 4 feet long. It is screwed into the ceiling "stud" via 6 4" hex lag screws.
In the center of the square tubing you'll notice I installed a heavy duty eye hook and secured it with a washer and nut on the other side. From there hangs a heavy duty spring, and hanging from that is a swivel piece. Attatched to that is the bag chains and fastener.

All of these pieces were purchased at a Sears Hardware store, at a cost of about 25.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.