Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes we only watch fights cause we want one of the other fighters to lose, but you dont really care for the other fighter you just dislike the other fighter so much that you have to see him lose. I know that was the case with most of the attraction Mayweather fight gets, but what fight in history were you so happy that the fighter lost but you did not really care for the other fighter?

For me its problaby when James Toney loses, i just cant stand the guy he is problaby the most obnoxious guy in the world and when he lost against Samuel Peter the second time (he kinda won the first fight) i
just got this warm feeling inside :D

Also when Nikolai Valuev fought Ruslan Chagev i was happy he lost cause this guy just isnt any good and hes only a champion cause hes so fkn HUGE!! And he didnt deserve to beat Marcianos record, but altough i ive him respect for not fighting bums to the 49 record after he won the title.

So guys what guys do you love to see lose?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but ofc you want the other guy to win, but after the fight you dont really care about that fighter or would not support him against any other guy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
antonio tarver.......i just have never liked the guy. I wanted hatton to lose but not because i dont like hatton, just because people were really discrediting floyd and didnt think he had a chance either. I wanted mayorga to smash oscar as well, but that didnt happen.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TysonJones said:
antonio tarver.......i just have never liked the guy. I wanted hatton to lose but not because i dont like hatton, just because people were really discrediting floyd and didnt think he had a chance either. I wanted mayorga to smash oscar as well, but that didnt happen.
i really really wanted Vargas to KO Oscar:mad:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pavlik to beat Taylor... I couldn't wait to see Taylor get beat as I found his previous fights unimpressive...

I wanted Hatton to beat Mayweather, but Mayweather's performance against him really turned me hehe

As much as i'd like to see some guys lose, I wouldn't like to see anyone get half killed hehe - just cleanly beaten! ( like Ricky :p )

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Great thread Brutus!

I would have to say Barerra over Hamed. I never liked that cocky F'er, and I loved every second of the DRUBBING he took from MAB.
(my apologies to the gents across the pond, but I think even they have to admit he was an ass)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Captainobvious said:
Great thread Brutus!

I would have to say Barerra over Hamed. I never liked that cocky F'er, and I loved every second of the DRUBBING he took from MAB.
(my apologies to the gents across the pond, but I think even they have to admit he was an ass)
i forgot about that guy.
i really liked that one too.
And
pacman Vs Eric 1
Pacman Vs JMM

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yup, Naseem was a ****, but damn he was interesting lol

Doubt he's gonna make a comeback now either lol...

Another fight I really wanted someone too lose was Kessler and Calzaghe! I'm a Kessler fan, but it was great to see Calzaghe beat him!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious said:
Great thread Brutus!

oh your damn right captain, i think the only guys who hated hamed more than you americans was us brits. :laugh:

i liked him when he was 21-22 but he just became a little prick in the end, he must be the rudest person ever to lace up the gloves (and theres been a few)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hey, i liked Hamed:laugh: Say what you want about him, but he put bums on seats and backed up his talk, always looked for the KO. He was the guy who got me interested in boxing:D He wasnt the same Naz back from mid-90s when he fought MAB, but the outcome may have always been the same.

Dave, i agree on the Pac-Morales I, i was desperate for Morales to win and it was his last great performance.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Prince is one of my favorite fighteres of all time. I love the guy, he awasnt the same when he fought barrera but it may of been the same decision, but half of me think hamed would win if steward wasnt in his corner telling him to box...... I would of paid good money to see a pac/prince matchup at 126.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup i liked Naz, nothing wrong with a little entertainment :D

And he was really really exciting to watch, the figh againt Kevin Kelley and Manuel Medina, Paul Ingle and i dont remember any more atm but i liked Naz.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i liked naz till he made the move and fought in america, he was my fav boxer back in the day too but he just became far to arogant.

joe calzaghe says naz is the most arogant and disrespectful fighter he's ever met.

back when joe and hamed first won there WBO titles carl thomphson was also WBO champ at cruiser and ryan rohdes had a minor version of a WBO belt, all 4 guys were invited over to america to the WBO awards party at the end of the year.

thats when naz and eubank had there little "disagrement" at the airport, naz was leaving and chris was comming back from somewhere.

anyway, joe says all the way over on the plane all naz would do was bring down the other guys and brag about how much money he was making, he actually asked carl how much he'd made for his last fight and when carl told him naz screwed his face up and said summin like,,,,"WHAT, i get paid more than that for oppening super markets"...lol

after they got off the plane in america naz hired a limo and was going into shops looking at $500k watches (with no intension of buying them) just to act the big man infront of them.

joe says he was supposed to have been so arogant and ignorant that carl said "if you say one more thing you ugly little f*cking dwarf i'll pick you up with your ears, take you outside and give you the beating of your life, the only reason you've even got a girlfreind is because you've got money you lil ****"

ryan rhodes and joe just burst into laughter when carl said this and all naz said was "no need to be like that carl". :laugh:

i think he was entertaining but he just started to get on my nerves after a while. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts