Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not yet. But its only a matter of time before the last universally meaningful strap in boxing becomes a false trinket.

It seems like the control of boxing is passed from one shady entity to another.

I mean common Juan Diaz gets a crack at Casamayor, fresh off of a beat down at the hands of old man Nate Campbell.

The 175 division is one of the original eight in the game.

And somebody tell me why the Linear light heavy world title match between JC and BHop is being fought at 170. They are no better than any of the other self interest obsessed alphabet
sanctioning bodies.

I can see The Rings sacred rep going down the tubes with Cross dressers and ex cons pulling the strings.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Its impossible for Oscar to taint it, the ring title goes with the linear fighter in the division. Plus the fact all the same guys are still rating the fighters and Oscar has nothing to do with them.

No, and never.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its impossible for Oscar to taint it, the ring title goes with the linear fighter in the division. Plus the fact all the same guys are still rating the fighters and Oscar has nothing to do with them.

No, and never.
The conflict lies in the fact that the men in charge of this sacred position are ran by a company whos money they can mess with by doing the right thing.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Golden boy hating got to stop. I mean he just put two of his best 135 fighters against eachother i thnk it has more to do with the fact they dont want to deal with Don King and would rather go with the two Golden Boy fighters. He gotta look after his boys and oh! Casamayor already beat Campell easy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not a hater.

The point of a company acquiring another company is to make money.

If not tarnishing the Rings good name cost GB money, you really think

bias won't come into play as it clearly already has.

Stop being naive.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I'm not a hater.

The point of a company acquiring another company is to make money.

If not tarnishing the Rings good name cost GB money, you really think

bias won't come into play as it clearly already has.

Stop being naive.
Name one instannce where bias has been shown to a GBP fighter?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can be wrong GB can be the best thing to ever happen to boxing, but they are already bending the rules. One of the oldest at that.

GB turning into Don King and Uncle Bob in the long haul is likely.

Ruining the Ring would be unforgivable and be what finally killed boxing.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I can be wrong GB can be the best thing to ever happen to boxing, but they are already bending the rules. One of the oldest at that.

GB turning into Don King and Uncle Bob in the long haul is likely.

Ruining the Ring would be unforgivable and be what finally killed boxing.
The fact is GBP have done not one thing wrong in the sport just now, nobody can say this or that about them because they have been first class and are putting on the biggest shows and best fights.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The fact is GBP have done not one thing wrong in the sport just now, nobody can say this or that about them because they have been first class and are putting on the biggest shows and best fights.
I agree. I think Oscar's company is one of the best things to happen to boxing

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I agree. I think Oscar's company is one of the best things to happen to boxing
So far So good boxing could sure use some integrity thats for sure

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

No, and never.
I agree here. Read the stipulations of being the Ring champ. Also, Calzaghe-Hopkins is at 175 homie.
So far So good boxing could sure use some integrity thats for sure
Everytime boxing makes a surge something stupid happens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts