Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
25,712 Posts
i think now its more for the love of the sport than anything else with hearns, he fights guy's mostly off the club circuit, i dont see why he hould retire if he still enjoys to box, its not like he's being ko every time he get's in the ring or he's taking punishment.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
no a fighter should make his own mind up when his time is through, as ive said he's fighting on the club circuit not the world stage where he is to good for these guy's. as a fighter myself i would never say when another should hang them up and find it fcucking rediculous when somebody who aint even been in a ring say's a fighters time is up.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
Lisa said:
Hi Tommy,

I know that there is a suggested "Father Time" setup for boxers, but that's not written in stone that you must retire. But, do you feel it's safe for fighters near 50 years of age to enter the ring with some of the younger fighters in their division?
hi lisa.

i dont see why not if there still competitve and pass a mandatory medical that all fighters have to take, if a fighter still has the will and heart to get it on nearing 50 they should be left to if there being pummled in the ring we have doctors at ringside a fef in the middle and hopfully good guy's in the corner who will stop the fight.

· Banned
25,712 Posts
when you look at the great willie pep who fought obout 250 bouts untill well into his 40's living a full and normal life untill the age of 84 you can see both points of view. obviously you dont want to see a fighter hurt but look at bernhard hopkins he'll be 43 come his next fight and he looks like he can go on for another 43.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.