Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im just thinking if it is true Ricky made £35m including the PPV sales over here for the Mayweather fight then he's made more money than Oscar and pbf last year.

Oscar was reported to have made $55m last year from his fight with pbf and pbf made $35m. pbf is also reported to have made $25m in the Hatton fight which gives him a grand total of $60m. Hattons £35m translates to $70m

Take Hattons other two fights last year where he faced Urango and Castillo and he could be pushing $90m in earnings last year.

It looks like Hatton is by far boxings biggest cash cow.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Im just thinking if it is true Ricky made £35m including the PPV sales over here for the Mayweather fight then he's made more money than Oscar and pbf last year.

Oscar was reported to have made $55m last year from his fight with pbf and pbf made $35m. pbf is also reported to have made $25m in the Hatton fight which gives him a grand total of $60m. Hattons £35m translates to $70m

Take Hattons other two fights last year where he faced Urango and Castillo and he could be pushing $90m in earnings last year.

It looks like Hatton is by far boxings biggest cash cow.
:laugh::laugh: You're killing me.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I wouldnt be suprised that he was making more money than Pbf, but if DLH would be more active he would be making the biggest money by far but yeah Hatton is problaby a much bigger draw then Floyd outside of america.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think hes more than that tbh. Imo hes the biggest draw in boxing out of America and imo there are only two guys that come close and thats DLH and Pbf and imo Hatton is a bigger draw then Floyd cause if Floyd was facing Lazcano he would not be filling up arenas and getting the money Hatton is getting. So yeah i think Hatton is a bigger "cash cow" then Mayweather but hes not on DLH level.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldnt be suprised that he was making more money than Pbf, but if DLH would be more active he would be making the biggest money by far but yeah Hatton is problaby a much bigger draw then Floyd outside of america.

If Oscar was active and not semi-retired he would be bigger, i agree.

I dont think Mayweather has even close to the drawing power of Hatton or Oscar, his biggest numbers have been around 500,000 when he's been the draw. I dont regard him as a cash cow although he still is a huge draw.

Your right what you say, Mayweather would make nothing against a Lazcano type guy. Oscar and Hatton are the only two who could pull that off.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Very true and its a stupid thing to argue about since numbers cant really be argued.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
589 Posts
If Oscar was active and not semi-retired he would be bigger, i agree.

I dont think Mayweather has even close to the drawing power of Hatton or Oscar, his biggest numbers have been around 500,000 when he's been the draw. I dont regard him as a cash cow although he still is a huge draw.

Your right what you say, Mayweather would make nothing against a Lazcano type guy. Oscar and Hatton are the only two who could pull that off.
So true. No one can top Oscar as boxings biggest draw.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think we can all agree that between his fights Ricky is then definitely the BIGGEST cash cow:laugh::laugh:

I like Hatton and I like a pint or too as well :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hatton right now is the biggest by far, he wont do Oscar PPV numbers but Oscar wont ever sell out a football stadium.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Hold on a sec.
Hatton fought three fights though- Urango, JLC, and Mayweather.

Mayweather only fought 2...Oscar and Ricky.

Plus, now that Ricky got knocked out, I dont think he'll be drawing as much, while more will tune in to see Floyd, still undefeated whether its to see him win or hope for him to lose.

The golden boy has been a sort of enigma with his ppv success. It really is remarkable...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hold on a sec.
Hatton fought three fights though- Urango, JLC, and Mayweather.

Mayweather only fought 2...Oscar and Ricky.

Plus, now that Ricky got knocked out, I dont think he'll be drawing as much, while more will tune in to see Floyd, still undefeated whether its to see him win or hope for him to lose.

The golden boy has been a sort of enigma with his ppv success. It really is remarkable...
Hatton is estimated to have recieved £35m from the PPV over here from the Mayweather fight alone, thats around $70m.

Mayweather made $35m from the fight with Oscar and $25m from the fight with Hatton. Thats $60m.

The loss has done nothing to Rickys drawing power, he's just sold 56,000 tickets for the Lazcano fight.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Hatton right now is the biggest by far, he wont do Oscar PPV numbers but Oscar wont ever sell out a football stadium.
De La Hoya sold out the Sun Bowl against Patrick Charpentier. You put him in a Football stadium, he'll sell it out.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
De La Hoya sold out the Sun Bowl against Patrick Charpentier. You put him in a Football stadium, he'll sell it out.
Then why is he not fighting in them all the time then? He's a smart business man after all.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts