Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
G

·
Well looks like he's throwing away his legacy for the money, because he has little chance in either fight imo.
very ignorant post lance. you ever think he is fighting FOR his legacy? no, didnt cross your mind at all no?

Isnt there already 5 different threads for Hatton haters to have their slice of him?

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This isn't for hate. Some people are going to like his decision and others aren't...its the way of the world.

I for one don't like that decision...he still has a lot to prove. Some say he's shot...I would have to agree with that but he made the hardest career move by fighting in America...now he has to prove himself...making the trip to America alone doesn't solidify his legacy...he still has to fight the top...not just one and done...

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
This isn't for hate. Some people are going to like his decision and others aren't...its the way of the world.

I for one don't like that decision...he still has a lot to prove. Some say he's shot...I would have to agree with that but he made the hardest career move by fighting in America...now he has to prove himself...making the trip to America alone doesn't solidify his legacy...he still has to fight the top...not just one and done...
We'll wait and see. A lot has been said recently, not all of it true ;)

G

·

sorry dude, wasnt having a pop at you, but no matter what anyone tries to say, he beat the man at 140, retired his ass on his stool. that **** deserves so much more credit for that than he deserves. He came to america cos he wants the big fights, its ok for Floyd to just fight the big fights, but if ricky only wants big fights people have a problem with it:dunno:

I know ricky has alot to prove, but half the people on here says he shot,and should retire i cant understand why some have a problem with it when he talks about it(not you bud but others on the board:thumbsup:)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
sorry dude, wasnt having a pop at you, but no matter what anyone tries to say, he beat the man at 140, retired his ass on his stool. that **** deserves so much more credit for that than he deserves. He came to america cos he wants the big fights, its ok for Floyd to just fight the big fights, but if ricky only wants big fights people have a problem with it:dunno:

I know ricky has alot to prove, but half the people on here says he shot,and should retire i cant understand why some have a problem with it when he talks about it(not you bud but others on the board:thumbsup:)
I agree. He chased big fights in his prime. That deserves credit :thumbsup:

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Its all good...and you're absolutely right...I give Hatton all the props in the world for coming over in his prime to America and trying to fight the best. Most would rather stay comfy. Big ups to hatton on that aspect...but he shouldn't retire...not like this...hatton is probably my favorite euro fighter so he better not retire :laugh:

G

·
Its all good...and you're absolutely right...I give Hatton all the props in the world for coming over in his prime to America and trying to fight the best. Most would rather stay comfy. Big ups to hatton on that aspect...but he shouldn't retire...not like this...hatton is probably my favorite euro fighter so he better not retire :laugh:
i hear ya bud, i really dont want ricky to retire, but if he hasnt much left then i dont begrudge him his retirment, i wanna see how he performs again paulie, if he blows paulie away he better not retire:thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
very ignorant post lance. you ever think he is fighting FOR his legacy? no, didnt cross your mind at all no?

Isnt there already 5 different threads for Hatton haters to have their slice of him?
Lets see, fighting a past his prime 154 pounder who is the biggest cash cow in the sport right now or fight the 2nd biggest cash cow right now who is a prob a more natural featherweight. Yeah sounds like he's fighting for money.

I dont give hatton much of a chance in either fight, and even if he wins, I give him little credit. If he wants credit. Beat Malignaggi first, Then Ricardo Torres, Then Timothy Bradly. Unify 140. That'll impress me.

G

·
Lets see, fighting a past his prime 154 pounder who is the biggest cash cow in the sport right now or fight the 2nd biggest cash cow right now who is a prob a more natural featherweight. Yeah sounds like he's fighting for money.

I dont give hatton much of a chance in either fight, and even if he wins, I give him little credit. If he wants credit. Beat Malignaggi first, Then Ricardo Torres, Then Timothy Bradly. Unify 140. That'll impress me.
you dont give him a chance in either fight, so if he beats 154 oscar he deserves no credit? beating bradly is a better achievment than beating Oscar, thats bullshite man, straight up shite. Hate dude, thats sheer hate

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hatton haters are no better than Mayweather haters. Hatton haters have the same double standard and they are always ready to cop out and find their little escape route. This and that doesn't impress them, but when so and so does this, they claim that it will impress them, but it never does. Do this, then do something more, there is always somebody else out there to fight. I hate Mayweather, but I also find myself getting annoyed by those that blindly trash him. I like Hatton, but people that let their allegiance to him cloud their judgement annoy me just the same. That being said, the vast majority of Mayweather supporters just plain piss me off.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Beating a prime bradley over a shot oscar? Actually yeah dude, I'd give him more credit. But all you seen is bradley, im talking malignaggi and torress as well. Just bradley isn't much of something.

Let me ask you something. Name a top fighter than HASN'T beat oscar. VARGAS? But then again, I dont consider Hatton in the league as the guys who did beat Oscar. Which is why I dont give him much of a chance.

I dont hate hatton. not at all, I watch his fights all the time. Enjoyed many of them. Was a fan not to long ago. I just don't give him a chance against either oscar or pac.

G

·
Hatton haters are no better than Mayweather haters. Hatton haters have the same double standard and they are always ready to cop out and find their little escape route. This and that doesn't impress them, but when so and so does this, they claim that it will impress them, but it never does. Do this, then do something more, there is always somebody else out there to fight. I hate Mayweather, but I also find myself getting annoyed by those that blindly trash him. I like Hatton, but people that let their allegiance to him cloud their judgement annoy me just the same. That being said, the vast majority of Mayweather supporters just plain piss me off.
na dude, this aint a maywather hatton thing, ive all the respect in the world for floyd and what he has accompised, i do however find confusion with people praising floyd for beating oscar but then not offering any credit if hatton beats him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I honestly don't give floyd that much credit for beating oscar. I give him credit for going to that weight and beating oscar on all of oscar's terms though. Hatton should be able to go up 7 pounds and win. But he struggles so much against even b guys at that weight. ( Collazo )

If that fight ever happens, You'll see .

G

·
I honestly don't give floyd that much credit for beating oscar. I give him credit for going to that weight and beating oscar on all of oscar's terms though. Hatton should be able to go up 7 pounds and win. But he struggles so much against even b guys at that weight. ( Collazo )

If that fight ever happens, You'll see .

I dont doubt the outcome lance, i know oscar wins. but i still praise hatton for being prepared to rick a L for a chance to get the W( if ya know what i mean:laugh:)

G

·
Lance im not naieve enough to think it doesnt play a big part, but he genuinley has more to his moitvation than just money

1 - 20 of 73 Posts