Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday nights HBO fight card Hattons Little Bio befor the fight he held a bottle of vodka and said that he doesnt have a drinking problem. I thought that it was just part of Hattons humor. But it might be true. Here is a interview from fightnews.com.

Unbeaten IBF junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton has been advised by friend and former world champion Wayne McCullough to alter his lifestyle. "The Hitman" admittedly balloned to 180lbs before his bout with Juan Urango and he is known to enjoy drinking beer with his friends. "Nobody's saying he can't drink," McCullough told the BBC. "But it's up to him to say 'I'm getting older, maybe it's time to cut down'.....to put 10lbs or so on [between fights] is pretty normal, but when you go any higher it makes it harder. But that's Ricky Hatton. He goes to the bar and drinks with the boys. So far he's been getting away with it and it's his choice." As for Hatton's next opponent, Jose Luis Castillo, McCullough was even less flattering. "I think [Castillo's] probably shot. He's had a lot of tough fights, he's not a big guy and I think Ricky beats him easy." (Photo: Mary Ann Owen)

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
An alcoholic boxer? You have got to be kidding me... I suspected that such a thing would only be in The Heavyweight Division with one of the big guys who are overweight or have a problem with stamina... but a Welterweight/Light Welterweight?:cool:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he enjoys going out with freinds and having the odd guiness that doesn't make him an alky. its more hattons eating habbits that cause his weight gain and not training when he's not fighting.

hatton should be an athleate for 12 months of the year not just 12 weeks.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I though Ricky "Fatton's" comical act in the pre-fight segment was pretty funny. I thinks that this is one of the reasons he is so well liked. He is accesible to fans, and still does alot of the same things he always has. He seems to be a very grounded, normal guy - for example going out for beers with the guys. The surprising thing is that hes been able to do that AND keep an unblemished record against some tough fighters. He is getting older, so I dont know how much longer he can go on with his "eat everything in sight" dieting between fights, but it surely doesnt bode well.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
I though Ricky "Fatton's" comical act in the pre-fight segment was pretty funny. I thinks that this is one of the reasons he is so well liked. He is accesible to fans, and still does alot of the same things he always has. He seems to be a very grounded, normal guy - for example going out for beers with the guys. The surprising thing is that hes been able to do that AND keep an unblemished record against some tough fighters. He is getting older, so I dont know how much longer he can go on with his "eat everything in sight" dieting between fights, but it surely doesnt bode well.
yeah rickys very aproachable ive met him on several ocasions and have a common intrest in soccer we do however support bitter rivals man utd and man city:laugh: but my team are always on top and i let him know. :laugh: , ricky also does a lot of charity work im led to beleive without publicity all in all he's a real diamond gezzer.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I see why you like him so much. You know the guy.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
yeah rickys very aproachable ive met him on several ocasions and have a common intrest in soccer we do however support bitter rivals man utd and man city:laugh: but my team are always on top and i let him know. :laugh: , ricky also does a lot of charity work im led to beleive without publicity all in all he's a real diamond gezzer.
rickys my favourite fighter today. amzaing brit. hes such a great bloke just never met him. YET

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to meet him too. He seems like the type of person that will have the whole bar laughing. While getting drunk befor a fight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts