Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
The first fight with Lazcano is a gimme. He'll fight Malignaggi by years end if not mallignaggi and Torres or malignaggi and witter

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Is Hatton-Lazcano going to be on HBO? That is one fight I could honestly not care any less about.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Is Hatton-Lazcano going to be on HBO? That is one fight I could honestly not care any less about.
I bet you it is. The smartest thing they can do with that fight is get Amir Khan on the undercard. He needs a place to start making a name for himself and the undercard of a Hatton fight is a great vehicle.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I bet you it is. The smartest thing they can do with that fight is get Amir Khan on the undercard. He needs a place to start making a name for himself and the undercard of a Hatton fight is a great vehicle.
That's a good point. :thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hbo offered him 3 fights so hbo is going to try to milk hatton and make sure he most likely wins the first 2. His toughest opponent will be his 3rd fight on hbo. IF he wins, he may retire or get an extended deal. This is most likely how it'll work. However that third fight could be a showdown with pacquiao.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'm sure HBO is gonna make him earn his money, they sure as hell won't approve any softies
Sure they will, they approved Cotto-Gomez. What would they not do for Golden boy?

There plenty of competition at 140 to keep Hattons career going. I don't want to see Pacman-Hatton. The size difference is wayy too much.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Sure they will, they approved Cotto-Gomez. What would they not do for Golden boy?

You talk as if Gomez does'nt have a prayer, and you may be right , but what he may lack in skill he makes up with heart and desire, I would'nt put it past him to pull an upset. And shock the hell out most one sided fans.....

·
Premium Member
606 Posts

You talk as if Gomez does'nt have a prayer, and you may be right , but what he may lack in skill he makes up with heart and desire, I would'nt put it past him to pull an upset. And shock the hell out most one sided fans.....
Sorry I just cant see that one bit, really cant see Cotto loseing to Gomez when he's been through Mosely Zab and Quintana in the past 18 months.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Agreed but really dont see Frank Warren letting one of his star fighters going anywhere near a Ricky Hatton event.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
it would really be something if gomez pulled off the unthinkable, man. i wonder what fighter the may-haters will say floyd is ducking if gomez pulls off an upset. they'll probably start beating the margy drums again:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh, the winner of Margarito/Cintron will the new guy Floyd is ducking. But there is NO chance in hell Cotto loses to Gomez honestly, he can outbox and outfight him. Cotto never comes under prepared, Gomez is getting stopped in the middle rounds.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
it would really be something if gomez pulled off the unthinkable, man. i wonder what fighter the may-haters will say floyd is ducking if gomez pulls off an upset. they'll probably start beating the margy drums again:rolleyes:
wow could you imagine. Floyd can just retire at that point and I won't say a word about it. you know, until berto becomes a big enough name. haha

1 - 20 of 132 Posts