Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK the fight shattered PPV records. It did 900,000 buys beating the previous record of 750,000 buys set by Tyson and Lewis in 02. Ricky will earn 40 million bucks because of this!

In the US the fight is expected to be the fifth most popular PPV ever coming in at 1.5 million buys!

Over 50 million people watched it in China!

Over 34% of the entire population of the Philippines watched it!

Sources - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle571995.ece

GREAT TV RATINGS FOR HATTON-MAYWEATHER

·
Registered
229 Posts
theres no doubt both guys will be happy with the money they get. I know im happy. Both of these guy's kid's kids are set for life now.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
TommyGunn said:
In the UK the fight shattered PPV records. It did 900,000 buys beating the previous record of 750,000 buys set by Tyson and Lewis in 02. Ricky will earn 40 million bucks because of this!

In the US the fight is expected to be the fifth most popular PPV ever coming in at 1.5 million buys!

Over 50 million people watched it in China!

Over 34% of the entire population of the Philippines watched it!

Sources - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle571995.ece

GREAT TV RATINGS FOR HATTON-MAYWEATHER

Absolute brilliant stuff - Well done to them both!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think Hatton will forget about DLH if hes got any sense, the guy pure and simply isnt a 147 fighter, it didnt show much against Floyd because he isnt a natural WW himself, but against DLH it will really show.

·
Registered
229 Posts
BigDigga said:
nothing official has come out over here, but if those uk numbers tommy posted are correct we should expect around 1.5 million buys total.
think it's gonna be around 2 mill. :thumbsup:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
that would be crazy! i just checked dlh' ppv numbers and he went over a million ppv buys 3 times including the mayweather fight. the hopkins and trinidad fights were the only others, with him just missing the cut against vargas and mayorga. floyd's one ppv event away from tying dlh with the most million plus ppv events under his belt.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I dont think anyone can consistently get the PPV buys like Oscar, even fighting Mayorga he almost made a million?:laugh: That guy has a crazy following...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
DLH-PBF wasnt even PPV over here, so we got it for free. The 2.4m figures were only from the US on that one, but i doubt it would have done much over here anyway. The only US fighter who was ever really PPV over here was Tyson.

·
Registered
830 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I think Hatton will forget about DLH if hes got any sense, the guy pure and simply isnt a 147 fighter, it didnt show much against Floyd because he isnt a natural WW himself, but against DLH it will really show.
Spot on.

According to Hatton's trainer, Hatton is never fighting at welterweight again, given his lack of comfort at that weight and I can't see DLH going down to light welter.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Exactly, thats what iv been trying to tell alot of people when Oscar talked about fighting there. There's a reason he hasnt fought there since 2001 guys:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Oscar v hatton would of been purely money and sales - As much as I love both fighters, il be glad to see this 1 left alone. Its just prop tuff for Oscar being the PPV man he is and at 154 there being so little to dance with. He prob wants to kill himself to get to 147 where all the action is because the other side of 154 he will get done over v the big boys as v Hopkins, Sturm

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
freddie roach who trained oscar for his last fight said he doubts the goldenboy could make 147.

its in the article on fightnews about hatton-pac.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts