Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hatton vs. Lazcano Play by Play thread. Ricky due to enter the ring about 9:45 BST/4:45ET. I'll put updates for Malignaggi vs. N'dou up as well. Enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not a good start for the Hatton family - Matthew Hatton just lost a unanimous decision to Craig Watson by scores of: 116-112, 117-112 and 118-111. Malignaggi vs. N'dou up next.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drama early. Malignaggi hair band comes out and hair partly obscures his vision at times, allowing N'dou to land a couple of hard clean shots.

My Scorecard: Mal 9-10 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malignaggi has his hair taped up for Round Two. Malignaggi walks onto a few shots during the round, Malignaggi not looking so elusive

Round 2: Mal 9-10 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Malignaggi begins to find his feet a bit in Round 3 and displays good hand speed. N'dou does land a hard right hand about half way through, but Malignaggi landed enough to nick the round.

Round 3: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N'dou is still landing his right hand, but Malignaggi maybe just outworks him. Malignaggi complains to the ref a couple of times about N'dou's rough tactics, he ain't fining it easy.

Round 4: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
N'dou keeps hitting Malignaggi behind the head in the fight and is warned by Mickey Vann. Malignaggi lands a good combo but is rocked by a left hook and is caught again late in the round.

Round 5: Mal 9-10 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
N'dou landing shots still but Malignaggi is finding his feet and outworking N'dou with combonations. I think Maglinaggi nicked it.

Round 6: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
N'dou still sitting back counter-punching but this allows Malignaggi to outwork him. Later on in the round N'dou rocks Malignaggi again with a left. Not many landed that round

Round 7: Mal 9-10 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Malignaggis hair is all over the place. His corner are trying to cut it between rounds and I can stop laughing :laugh: He really shouldn't have hair that long in a fight. The crowd boo as Mickey Vann calls for the hair to be TAPED at the back :laugh: During the round Malignaggi just outworks N'dou, and lands a few body shots.

Round 8: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Malignaggi's hair is still being cut off between rounds :laugh: Crowd chanting Hatton's name. N'dou lands harder shots during the round to nick it

Round 9: Mal 9-10 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scrappiest round of the fight. Malignaggi outworks N'dou, but it was very close, N'dou still landing, hard night for Malignaggi.

Round 10: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another scrappy round, both fighters are getting tired. Maglinaggi just outworks N'dou and does enough to win the round.

Round 11: Mal 10-9 N'dou

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bits of Maglinaggi's hair are all over the ring :laugh: In the twelfth N'dou lands a couple of solid lefts, which means he nicks the round on my card :thumbsup: Decision will be announced by Michael Buffer in a minute :)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a split decision! First judge 115-114 N'dou, Second 116-112 Maglinaggi, Third 116-113 to the winner...Maglinaggi! A very close fight which I had even. The crowd boo when Maglinaggi is announced as the winner, as there are also reports that Maglinaggi broke his right hand. Hatton up next :)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hatton gets heroes welcome. His own special song, a Ricky Fatton outfit, and Blue Moon, top entrance. Great stmosphere. Round 1 has Ricky landing accurate shots and clearly winning

Round 1: Hat 10-9 Laz

1 - 20 of 47 Posts