Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who would win

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ricky Hatton vs Meldrick Taylor. Prime vs prime taking place in the U.K. FOR THE LWW Championship of the World.

Who would win and how???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I got Hatton winning by stoppage inside 10 rounds here, Taylor would have won some rounds but Hatton would have broke him down the later it went and stopped him.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hatton, hes ability to aproach quickly and his strenght would give Tayolr too much to handle..Unlike Mayweather Taylor wasnt as slick or as good counterpuncher
But hes custom to throwing 6,7,8 punch combos.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i'd go with Hatton on this one, but then i think i'd still probably go with hatton if he was fighting tyson lol (damn british pride!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Taylor's handspeed was quality and would give Hatton fits. But Hatton would get into the fight towards the end. Taylor's foot speed was good enough to get out of trouble on some occasions though. I think Taylor would win by 2 or 3 rounds.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Id give the fight to Taylor by mid round ko. Taylor throws serious combos and Hatton would walk right into them.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Taylor by clear UD. Hatton is no JCC and won't be able to land much leather on the slick Taylor, Taylor would land quick combinations. He had some of the best handspeed ever.
I agree with you there 1000%

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would have to go with Taylor UD.

The man was handing Chavez his first defeat until he got bumpped by the ref.

Have u seen him these days, he was slurring his words terrible. Its a shame really.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Taylor would cut him up, anyone that thinks Hatton would come even close to doing what Chavez is did i.e walking through all those shots (400+ top 10 in punches landed compubox record) and finishing as strong as JCC did, is playing themself.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Taylor would cut him up, anyone that thinks Hatton would come even close to doing what Chavez is did i.e walking through all those shots (400+ top 10 in punches landed compubox record) and finishing as strong as JCC did, is playing themself.
You got that right :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts