Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hatton Prefers Mayweather Rematch at 140

By Mark Vester

Ricky Hatton confirmed to Soccer AM that Golden Boy Promotions, his new promoter, has opened up negotiations with Floyd Mayweather Jr. for a rematch to take place next spring in England with Wembley Stadium as the venue of choice. Mayweather is said to be interested in making the trip for the right kind of deal. Hatton would prefer to have the rematch at 140-pounds, but the reality of that happening is very small. If he has to, Hatton will go back to 147. He moved up in weight last December for the first Mayweather bout and suffered the first loss of his career when he was stopped inside of ten.

"We've been talking to the (Mayweather) camp already, but obviously it's all about me rebuilding and redeeming myself," Hatton said. "My next fight's against Juan Lazcano at the City of Manchester Stadium back down at my normal weight because I've gone up to welterweight twice and although I've won a world title at welterweight, at junior-welterweight I'm normally able to bully my opponents. Moving up a weight I give up that strength and edge, that strength I have and it's proved difficult. But I've got no fear of of going in for another crack at him again - with a different ref!"

Hatton feels that a win over Lazcano and then Malignaggi will help him re-establish himself for a Mayweather rematch.

"What I've got to do is win this fight. Paulie Malignaggi is on the undercard and he's the IBF champion so hppefully if I win this, I will get to fulfil another dream and fight at Madison Square Garden and top the bill," Hatton said. "Winning those two fights I will re-establish myself and get the rematch. And hopefully Mayweather will come over here, because I always have to go over there!"

Link Here

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I knew someone was going to post this. He said he wants it at 140 but knows it ain't happening. The fight will rightfully be at 47 if Hatton gets by Paulie.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He'd better not let Hopkins away with any holding or dirty fighting on Saturday anyway.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Cortez messed up once, he's known as a great referee other than that fight. Don't sterotype people so quick. He's not that bad. I think we all can agree there.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Cortez messed up once, he's known as a great referee other than that fight. Don't sterotype people so quick. He's not that bad. I think we all can agree there.
Cortez is bias!!!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
if this fight is made again (god forbid) is fighting at 140 gonna to make any difference at all. Folyd will rehydrate back very close to where he was the first time. which means another beat down.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Cortez is in the back ground there shouting "get him Floyd, get him".
Yanno Tommy these mayweather disciples post these pics of hatton getting ko'd and laugh BUT If I start laughing at mayweather they get all bent out of shape, especially Shane who starts his childish retard,moron,idiot & dialysis insults. Its a pity theyre not men enough to accept a little of what they dish out dontcha think ??

1 - 20 of 138 Posts