Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

According to The Mirror, Ricky Hatton has been forced to halt his training camp for Juan Lazcano after coming down with an illness. The fight takes place on May 24 in Manchester. It's being reported as a chest infection.

The infection made Hatton weak and unable to spar, resulting in his sparring partners being sent home. He's taking a second course of antibiotics and has been told to rest by his doctor, but he is determined to move forward with the Lazcano bout. Last year Hatton was in a similiar situation. He came down with the flu and still went forward with the Juan Urango bout, winning a twelve-round decision to capture the IBF junior welterweight title.

A source close to the camp told the paper that Hatton has lost valuable sparring time.

"He has lost valuable sparring time and his sparring partners have been sent home - there's nothing for them to do. Ricky has been asked if he wants to postpone the fight but, typical of him, he wants to go ahead with it. He says he has never pulled out of a fight and does not want to start now."

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Hattons scared! Hes trying to get out of the fight! HAHAHA:laugh:
ha ha! if hatton is willing to move forward with the fight despite his illness then the illness isn't all that bad. that and the fact that lazcano isn't really a threat.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
ha ha! if hatton is willing to move forward with the fight despite his illness then the illness isn't all that bad. that and the fact that lazcano really a threat.
And at least it's not come a couple of days before the fight, so he has a little bit of time to recover

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vitali could learn a thing or two here, if this was him there would be another 4 year retirement. LOL!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I read this too. Wasn't it a chest infection he had prior to the Urango bout too? This may effect him in the later rounds but this fight shouldn't go that far.

G

·
I read this too. Wasn't it a chest infection he had prior to the Urango bout too? This may effect him in the later rounds but this fight shouldn't go that far.
Yep it was indeed. This'll make him even more determined to take him out early.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think theres a good chance Hatton could just come out and school Lazcano with his boxing ability now, much like he did urango.

If the infection is bad no way he will be in peak condition for the 24th. Those infections realy leave you weak.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMAO the excuses for a sub-par performance have already started.
Dont look like excuses to me.

Looks like an article stating Hatton is unwell which people have responded to with there opinions....

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
LMAO the excuses for a sub-par performance have already started.
Uh Oh the Hatton haters ( Mayfeather Mafia) have started already.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh Oh the Hatton haters ( Mayfeather Mafia) have started already.
That got me too. :laugh:

The lame ass hate is strong in that one. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think theres a good chance Hatton could just come out and school Lazcano with his boxing ability now, much like he did urango.

If the infection is bad no way he will be in peak condition for the 24th. Those infections realy leave you weak
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hate is strong, thats an opinon not an excuse.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
That got me too. :laugh:

The lame ass hate is strong in that one. :rolleyes:
Stands out a country mile doesnt it :cheeky4: They can only wish their boy had half the guts and courage Hatton has

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stands out a country mile doesnt it :cheeky4: They can only wish their boy had half the guts and courage Hatton has
True.

But as they say, money makes sense. ;)

Its like working with someone who is doing the same as job as you, they dont do as much and get paid more. But thats alright because there getting paid. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 69 Posts