Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
London's world cruiserweight champion David Haye has held talks with world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko over a possible title fight this year.

The pair went for a meal on Thursday night to talk about a potential bout.
The Ukrainian told BBC London 94.9: "He is looking forward to switching to heavyweight, but it's not an easy step.
"There are exceptions like [Evander] Holyfield, who was a very successful heavyweight, so we'll see what David Haye is going to do."
Haye holds the WBC, WBA and WBO cruiserweight belts after beating Enzo Maccarinelli at the O2 Arena last month.

But he plans to vacate his belts in the next few months as he prepares to step up to the heavyweight division, in which he has fought only once before.
Klitschko, the IBF and WBO heavyweight champion, wants the fight to be in London.
He added: "I'm looking forward to fighting in London again, because London, like Great Britain in general, has such a great boxing community, it's amazing."

From BBC sport

·
Registered
624 Posts
yea i read it earlier on bbc,

but i think its a little too soon for haye, he needs to get used to the power of the overweights first before he goes straight on to a monster like wlad!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im nopt surprised Wlad wants this fight to happen soon :p But haye better have a match at HW before he faces Wlad.

Anyway if this fight happens this year then Haye is getting knocked out

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he'll fight a tune - up then Wlad.

I think Haye willl be on a different level at HW than he was at cruiser, the weight will suit him. Kinda like Cotto's move from 140 to 147.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I think he'll fight a tune - up then Wlad.

I think Haye willl be on a different level at HW than he was at cruiser, the weight will suit him. Kinda like Cotto's move from 140 to 147.
like you say put him in with rahman see how he goes first. One things for sure if he connects solidly to Wlad's chin he's HW champ, but if Wlad connects first its curtains

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what makes the HW division speacial C.J. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
like you say put him in with rahman see how he goes first. One things for sure if he connects solidly to Wlad's chin he's HW champ, but if Wlad connects first its curtains
agreed!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko says undisputed cruiserweight champion David Haye ‘is nuts’ for wanting to fight him. The IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight titleholder thinks that the Briton first needs to prove himself as a genuine heavyweight contender. Speaking to Setanta Sports News, Klitschko said, "I met this guy yesterday. I’d never heard of him before but he was so loud that I could have heard his voice overseas. He’s a nice guy but he’s so excited about his career and moving up to the heavyweight division and winning all the titles. He’s definitely got a good punch and is a great boxer but he’s just so loud it’s unbelievable. The one thing that he does have already, though, is that he’s very self-confident. He has to have a couple of good fights at heavyweight and, after that, who knows? If he continues to do well then maybe we will fight each other. Maybe Great Britain is going to have the next undisputed heavyweight champion of the world – but only after I retire.”

1 - 16 of 16 Posts