Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Don't expect to see former WBC/WBA and WBO unified cruiserweight king David Haye below 200lbs again anytime soon. "I've only just started to get back into serious training and I'm currently at a lean and mean 16 stone 8 pounds (232 lbs)" explained Haye (21-1, 20 KOs). "Klitschko was worried that I wouldn't be big enough to face him, but the scales don't lie and I'm well over the 16 stone mark and in great shape already. I'm eating well, living well and doing some serious training. My body fat is at 12 per cent and I'm currently in better shape than the majority of the division even at this early stage." Haye - back in the UK attending media engagements – is based in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, where last week he officially opened a state-of-the-art boxing gym. Currently the WBC #5 ranked heavyweight, Haye will fight next in mid November at London's 02 Arena against an opponent to be named.

Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I saw an interview with Dave last week on setanta and he looks in amazing shape.

He's always been a natural HW.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Nice to hear some news from Haye. Looks good, he just needs an opponent to train for now! :D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Please let this guy be the real deal. I have high hopes for him, but I am getting sick of him not having an opponent lined up. Can't his camp do some freakin' work for the guy?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Please let this guy be the real deal. I have high hopes for him, but I am getting sick of him not having an opponent lined up. Can't his camp do some freakin' work for the guy?
isn't he with golden boy now? they should have some fighters for him ffs. forget about oscar, hopkins etc and help the new guard improve and win. oscar etc are proven and have amde their money, now it's time to invest in their young stars.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
isn't he with golden boy now? they should have some fighters for him ffs. forget about oscar, hopkins etc and help the new guard improve and win. oscar etc are proven and have amde their money, now it's time to invest in their young stars.
Yeah he is. They should have an opponent by the end of August I think.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He looks the way a heavyweight champion should. He fights the way a heavyweight champ should and he speaks the way a heavyweight champ should. I hope his chin holds up because if it does, he's the next big thing and I could care less where he's from.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Haye should be the next big thing in the HW division, lets see if Golden boy and them give him fights against good fighters (not many in HW) instead of BS fights to get payed, he hasnt proven much to me to be honest, The CW division is underrated, but not that good ne way

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm all for Haye, but that weight lifters body will only impress me if he can actually fight at heavyweight. First thing is he needs to get a more discipline style than what he showed against Enzo and pace himself, other than that I hope he cleans all the bums out.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree. It is now August 20 and we still haven't heard **** about an opponent. He's taking too much time off.
Yeah he is. They should have an opponent by the end of August I think.
That time is here.
I'm all for Haye, but that weight lifters body will only impress me if he can actually fight at heavyweight. First thing is he needs to get a more discipline style than what he showed against Enzo and pace himself, other than that I hope he cleans all the bums out.
I agree. I think he's spending too much time bulking up. This will hurt him in the long run in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts