Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
145 Posts
i guess that wouldn't be a too bad a fight for Haye. It would get his experience up at Heavyweight.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I rather see Haye-Rahman also. But I really want to see Haye fight Golota. I think that would be a good test

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Skelton is a complete bum, but its okay cuz this fight will probably be aired, it the GoldenBoy-haye beggining and its a nice start, a KO

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
haye vs rahman aint happening soon, rahman is fight toney in a rematch. However I wouldnt fight skelton for 600k, thats dumb money for a star fighter like haye.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Skelton is a big heavyweight who looks a lot worse than he is. He leans on your every round, he makes it hard to hit him clean and he has a decent chin. Add to that he hits hard now and then.

He is a british and commenwealth champion, he has only lost twice and he fough the full 12rounds against Ruslan Chagaev.

Total fights 23
Wins 21
Wins by KO 18
Losses 2
Draws 0
No contests 0

I don't think he would be the right opponent for Haye as his first fight at heavy as Skelton is a big fella.

Haye should steer clear of heavies this big until he is more acclimatised to the division and put the weight on properly himself.

Skelton might look awkward and crap but he is NOT a bum.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Sorry I have to disagree.. Hes far from a world-class fighter in my oppinion, and probably a good test for Haye at HW, a good start for him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
IMO Skelton is garbage. He's worse than Cintron in my garbage basket. Haye needs to fight a bum though to gain more fan appeal.

G

·
I'd be more interested in this thread if the title was "Haye offered 600k to shoot Skelton" or something along those lines

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.