Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haye was 'up for' Klitschko fight
by Mark Doyle, 28 October 2008

Wladimir Klitschko is searching for a new opponent for his December 13 date in Germany - but David Haye has already been ruled out of the running.

IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion Klitschko had originally been scheduled to fight Alexander Povetkin but the undefeated Russian confirmed on Sunday that he had to withdraw from the contesst because of a foot injury.

That led to speculation that Haye could be granted an unexpectedly early shot at Klitschko, a fighter he has repeatedly called out.

However, the Briton’s manager, Adam Booth, has revealed that even though The Hayemaker, who will take on Monte Barrett in London on November 15 in a bout being shown LIVE on Setanta Sports, was willing to take the fight, there were two significant stumbling blocks.

”I spoke to the Klitschkos about December 13 but they wanted more time. We would have been up for it but David is not yet ranked high enough by the IBF,” he is quoted as saying by The Mirror.

Haye revealed on Monday that a bout with Klitschko is more likely to happen next summer.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Haye is just saying this cause he knows it wont happen, neither camps would allow it :) And it would make much less money then it would make with a decent buildup and stuff.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
”I spoke to the Klitschkos about December 13 but they wanted more time."

More time to put off the inevitable - getting KTFO by the Hayemaker.:)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I think Vitali would kick Hayes ass. Wlad, i'm not too sure of.
I agree, Vitali has 3 things Wlad lacks: heart, chin, and self confidence. Haye says this to keep his name out there, but he has a much better shot at little brother, especially if he kept his mobility and reflexes.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
”I spoke to the Klitschkos about December 13 but they wanted more time."

More time to put off the inevitable - getting KTFO by the Hayemaker.:)
You've got to be kidding me. Haye is going to get put to sleep like an ailing dog.
I agree, Vitali has 3 things Wlad lacks: heart, chin, and self confidence. Haye says this to keep his name out there, but he has a much better shot at little brother, especially if he kept his mobility and reflexes.
I think Wlad stops Haye with ease.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
You've got to be kidding me. Haye is going to get put to sleep like an ailing dog.

I think Wlad stops Haye with ease.
I didn't say it was a lock, Wlad should def be the fav. I can easily see Wlad doing the same he's done in all his Steward fights, hit, hold, hold and hold, until Haye gets tired. But I can see Haye hurting Wlad (possible ko) and countering off Wlad's jab, his best shot would be against Wlad.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think haye could beat vitali,he has something vitali doesn't have....speed,and speed kills!;)
Haye has ZERO shot at beating Vitali. Zero.
I didn't say it was a lock, Wlad should def be the fav. I can easily see Wlad doing the same he's done in all his Steward fights, hit, hold, hold and hold, until Haye gets tired. But I can see Haye hurting Wlad (possible ko) and countering off Wlad's jab, his best shot would be against Wlad.
I can see that too, but I'm not sold on Haye at heavy yet. The only fight I want to see with Haye is a fight with Toney. I want to see him fight someone that he has ZERO shot at stopping. I'd favor Toney to beat Haye.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

I can see that too, but I'm not sold on Haye at heavy yet. The only fight I want to see with Haye is a fight with Toney. I want to see him fight someone that he has ZERO shot at stopping. I'd favor Toney to beat Haye.
I'd like to see that fight too. They should dub it "fat vs fit". If Toney shows up he beats Haye clearly.

G

·

Nobody is beating Vitali. His combination of skill, size and chin are unmatched by anyone out there right now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'd like to see that fight too. They should dub it "fat vs fit". If Toney shows up he beats Haye clearly.
I agree.
Hard for Wlad to do. Even if he can do it, he usually don't do it for a while. Just makes himself look bad.

:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:
Wlad takes his time, but that is against tentative opponents. Against Haye he would be forced to open up and let the right go early. That would lead to Haye's demise. I'd be rooting for Haye though.
Nobody is beating Vitali. His combination of skill, size and chin are unmatched by anyone out there right now.
Man, I really don't think Vitali is all that good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts