Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow his opponent will finally be named. I'll be going to the O2 at 11.30am to find out his opponent as soon as he's named. I want to get tickets for his first heavyweight fight since it's all so local to me.

So who will it be? I'm putting my money on James Toney or Hasim Rahman.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i'm trying to get myself some tickets to this as well......... the O2 is a good venue as well, i've been to a few gigs there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ooh i hope its Toney and he knocks Haye knocks his overweight arse out!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im sure they will either find a former champion or a american to fight Haye. Chambers for example, i wouldnot be surprised to see that. Also Sergei Lychakovic or whatever his name is.
But Rahman and Toney could both be his opponent but both of them are wildcards since Rahman has that one punch knockout and Toney is always a tough fight because of his style.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
This will be interesting - we haven't heard much about negotiations :dunno:.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why? When is it now?
Absolutely no idea why. Somebody who works there asked over the radio and they said it's cancelled and when he asked when it's being rescheduled for, they said they don't know. Sucks.

G

·
Looks like he's only got eyes for Wlad. He'll destroy a coupe of bums and then get his title shot. After that if he's successful he'll try and unify.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Tommorow his opponent will finally be named. I'll be going to the O2 at 11.30am to find out his opponent as soon as he's named. I want to get tickets for his first heavyweight fight since it's all so local to me.

So who will it be? I'm putting my money on James Toney or Hasim Rahman.
I don't think he will fight Toney. I think he'll look for someone who he can and should stop; an easy opponent.
Press conference was cancelled.
Figures.
And here I though Haye was trying to challenge himself.
Man I had huge expectations for Haye. I really have been following him because I absolutely despise the heavyweight division, and I thought he would be a breath of fresh air. He's not fat. He has talent. He is athletic. Basically he's everything that 95% of the heavies are not, but now I'm starting to lose interest because he's taking so damn long to even announce an opponent. Fight already dammit.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Man I had huge expectations for Haye. I really have been following him because I absolutely despise the heavyweight division, and I thought he would be a breath of fresh air. He's not fat. He has talent. He is athletic. Basically he's everything that 95% of the heavies are not, but now I'm starting to lose interest because he's taking so damn long to even announce an opponent. Fight already dammit.
No kidding. Somebody needs to tell that fool to stop looking into Wladmir bathroom window and instead look into getting in the ring

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
No kidding. Somebody needs to tell that fool to stop looking into Wladmir bathroom window and instead look into getting in the ring
Man Im' with you on this one. No hate at all because I really do like Haye. I just think he needs to get in the ring asap. I would have had no problem with him fighting a nobody about 2 months ago, but he's done nothing more than run his mouth and get bigger. Now, he tells his UK fans that he's going to announce his next opponent, they get all excited (me too), and he ducks out. WTF?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haye has just been on Setanta boxing hour programme, and confirmed an opponent will be name very soon. There are 4 on the shortlist and he has guarantee'd a top 10 heavyweight.

He had an opponent set but he pulled out after watching tapes of Haye apparently.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Haye has just been on Setanta boxing hour programme, and confirmed an opponent will be name very soon. There are 4 on the shortlist and he has guarantee'd a top 10 heavyweight.

He had an opponent set but he pulled out after watching tapes of Haye apparently.
Umm that couldn't be further from the truth. You're saying that because Haye said that while he was running his mouth as usual. They don't even name that hypothetical opponent because I'm sure it is some bum.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I wouldn't mind Rahman. I think Rahman would get himself in shape to fight Haye. But I think Haye still beats him
I don't even care. I'm already tired of Haye.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts