Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i want to start boxing but im afraid of breaking my nose , how much does headgear help? is it possible to get damage to your nose while wearing headgear , or does it depend on the headgear?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Someone can break your nose with a straight shot with or without headgear, it doesn't protect your nose. Thats not what you should be worrying about in boxing and it shouldn't keep you from the sport. No offense but to be perfectly honest with you, if your already afraid of getting hurt and you haven't even started yet, you should probably pick another sport.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ur nose can get messed up yes, but that didn't hold owen wilson back *thumbs up*. try not to worry about it to much, almost all the shots u receive wont get u square on the nose, its just frankly too hard for the other guy to do it often (its like the perfect sraight shot, doesnt happen too often in my experience).

·
Registered
53 Posts
a broken nose aint too bad though, will hurt like a bitch but even if it gets really messed up its simple enough to fix it and make it look almost normal again with surgery, not a pleasent thought just telling you incase you were worried about being permanently disfigured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts