Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i want to start boxing but im afraid of breaking my nose , how much does headgear help? is it possible to get damage to your nose while wearing headgear , or does it depend on the headgear?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
My friend, I'll be brutally honest with you, if you don't want to take a chance on getting your nose broken, don't take up boxing , but if you have your heart set on doing it anyways, then the only way you'll protect your nose is by wearing a football helmet with a fullface guard, there's no boxing head gear that can guarantee nose protection, good luck to you...

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
What ya say we let Twilight be the judge and find out for himself then report back over here...:)I wonder if he be interested on a pair of new Pro Mex 10 ounce boxing gloves...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
When I box with people, we just go for the body, no head shots. None of us is looking to get into boxing serious so that's how we get our practice on.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
When I box with people, we just go for the body, no head shots. None of us is looking to get into boxing serious so that's how we get our practice on.
Who's none of us, when I spar I try to rip the other guy's head off, the way I see it I might as well practice for the real thing, if not what's the point of pitty patting, some dude on the street is not going to say to me," oh no hitting on the face"cause then I'll say to him OK no hitting on the nuts either:laugh:

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think thats called tae kwon doe or karate, not boxing. Your not boxing anyone if you don't throw punches to the head. I would really like to see you or "us" spar like you say, I bet its hilarious:laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I think thats called tae kwon doe or karate, not boxing. Your not boxing anyone if you don't throw punches to the head. I would really like to see you or "us" spar like you say, I bet its hilarious:laugh:
:laugh: no hitting or kicking on the face, it might ruin my make up:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts