Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great for sparring and pretty cool looking, but I don't think it is USA Boxing approved and wouldn't be allowed in a sanctioned event. I happen to be a USA boxing official. To my knowledge, only a couple brands are approved. Title and Everlast make affordable model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great for sparring and pretty cool looking, but I don't think it is USA Boxing approved and wouldn't be allowed in a sanctioned event. I happen to be a USA boxing official. To my knowledge, only a couple brands are approved. Title and Everlast make affordable model.
Thanks for the input. I box in Australia so I'm pretty sure it will be ok here. But thanks again for the response :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
USA Boxing Standard are Consistent with International Standards, so if any competitions you want to enter waive that requirement, you should be ok.

Personally I hate headgear as it makes my fat head an even bigger target and the gloves stick to more. Even with Vaseline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you got a perfect fit. You're lucky those are hard to come by.
Ya, you could find the size chart at the rival boxing site located on the right side of the product page. you wont find that at the title site. Im apparently a medium I have a big head for a small guy, im only 5 foot 4. Velcro is used a lot on this headgear, they say velcro shouldnt be used for a headgear but I think the way the headgear is anatomically designed its not as bad as a lot of trainers say velcro headgears are said to be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I cant testify for other headgears, because the rival high performance headgear is my first, but I tell you the fit is awesome, the size chart on the rival site is the circumference around your head. I spar with guys who uses the clubs headgear I think its also velcro, tey have to keep shifting it in place after getting hit. With rival I never have to, when I get hit im right back on the guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts