Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to join a boxing gym, and I'm looking at some heavy bag gloves, but I can't decide. I've looked around on the forums, and I think I'm going to get either IMF's, G&S, and Title heavy bag gloves. So can someone with expierence with any of these gloves give me a little review, and tell me the quality of them.

O yeah, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm in college so I can't just spend 50 bucks on a pair of gloves that turn out to be junk. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If your looking for durable gloves, get the IMF's, they'll last you a while. I stand by those %100, but their not bag gloves, they're mainly for sparring, but can be used as bag gloves because the padding doesn't wear as fast. Get those or some grants.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've got two more questions. First, right now I have 76' handwraps and will that be sufficient protection for bagwork? and also my friends are joining up to, but they're looking for cheaper gloves, so does anyone have any advice on gloves less than $50?

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
The best thing for you to do is to go bare knuckled. The tougher your hand is, the harder you can punch. Hitting harder is one of the purposes of hitting the bag, so i think that it will help a lot. When you hit the bag bare knuckled, make sure to wrap your knuckles or put on thin gloves so that you do not scrape the skin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've already gone bare-knuckled on the bag before, and I have taken the skin off of my two large knuckles on both hands. I already do alot of stuff to toughen my hands up: bare knuckle push-ups on hardwood floor and rock climb to improve my grip thus making by fist harder. Don't be offended, but does anyone else have advice on this? going bare-knuckle? I'm started boxing to work on footwork, head movement, etc..

·
Registered
841 Posts
DO NOT WORK THE BAG BARE KNUCKLED. Boxingmaniac, I find it hard to believe you even know what your doing telling someone to go bare knuckles. Idiot. Doing that is for people who don't know how to box, and for beginners who don't know what their doing. Use your wraps everytime you put your gloves on, otherwise you will f up your hands and wrists and you can say good by to all of your ligaments as well as boxing. Malaki don't listen to this goober. Your wraps should do fine, just wear them religiously. The best gloves your gonna find for that price are some cheap ringside bag gloves or title.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoo,thanks NsBLife. Lol I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about training in boxing, but I was pretty certain that going bare-knuckle against the bag was painful....partly from first hand expierence being a dumbass and hitting it without any protection. Thanks for the advice, I'm looking foreward to my IMF's.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Np, good luck, and let me know if you have anymore questions. For your friends, good bag gloves that I highly recommend that are little above the price you said are these grants...
They just don't last that long, but are a great glove. Mine lasted about 3 months, and for your curiousity my Imf's have lasted 5 months so far and going.

Campeón Super Bag Gloves - Campeón - Gloves - Grant Boxing

If that's too much for them, I suggest going title or everlast.

ALSO, I forgot to mention something really important about the IMF's, you need to get glove dogs to put in them after you train, they don't ventilate well and the glove dogs will soak up the moisture while also making them last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts