Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
British Heavyweight Ko Tournament

A show called Prizefighter and promoted by Barry Hearns Matchroom Promotions takes place at the York Hall in Bethnal Green on April 11th.

The format is 3 rounds of boxing (3 minutes per round) and all contests in the 1 night. The winner will have won 3 contests and will collect the £25,000 prize money. I believe Sky are to broadcast the event.

The confirmed boxers -

Billy Bessey (Portsmouth) - 7-4-0
Paul Butlin (Melton Mowbray) - 11-4-0
David Dolan (Sunderland) - 7-0-0
Dave Ferguson (North Shields) - 4-0-0
Alex Ibbs (Stoke) - 3-0-0
Colin Kenna (Southampton) - 16-6-2
Ian Millarvie (Hamilton) - 7-0-0
8th boxer to be confirmed

Martin Rogan (Belfast) - 7-0-0 pulled out so just waiting to see who his replacement will be.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I was wondering how this was going to work, should be an interesting night of boxing but im not expecting much from these guys:laugh:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering how this was going to work, should be an interesting night of boxing but im not expecting much from these guys:laugh:

There are a few prospects in there like Milarvie and Dolan so will be interesting who comes out on top. Pity Rogan didn't enter.
Be good to see how good Ferguson and Ibbs are.

I know the big hitting Scott Belshaw wanted to enter but as he is not yet a ten round fighter he was ineligable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know if this is going to be like that superfighter tournamnt that fell through at the beginning of last year (or was it the year before)whereby the results will be added to the fighters record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts