Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is going to be a tournament of 8heavyweight champions of when they were in their prime. Fighter the winner of match 1 fights the winner of match 2. The winner of match 3 fights the winner of match 4.

The winner of the person victorious between the 2 winners of match 1 and 2 will fight the person who wins between the 2 winners of match 3 and 4.

Then the 2 remaining fighters fight for the tournament championship.

I know this is a small tournament, but it's my first one so I am just sort of testing it out.

Match 1: Evander Holyfield vs Muhammad Ali
Match 2: Rocky Marciano vs Joe Louis
Match 3: George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis
Match 4: Larry Holmes vs Mike Tyson

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I had something Similar...

http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-forum-general-discussion/8401-heavyweight-8-man-tournament.html

like this one though, did mines @ work came out sloppy lol...

Match 3: Muhammad Ali vs Lennox Lewis

match 5: (semifinal) Ali vs Ali ?
match 6: (semifinal) Louis vs Tyson

match 7: (final) Ali vs Tyson

well, Ali wins but he cheated, he had fought on both brackets lol regardless
Crap, forgot to change the Lewis match.

It is now George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

Ali vs Louis
George Foreman vs Mike Tyson

Louis vs Foreman

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts

Match 5: Muhammad Ali vs Joe Louis
Match 6: George Foreman vs Mike Tyson

Match 7: Joe Louis vs Mike Tyson

(After watching some ESPN earlier on and seeing some Tysons greatest hits, I realised just how great he is. The lateral head movement, the phenomenal speed, the awesome power. He was a great Heavyweight. Had potential to be the greatest IMO. Lennox Lewis falls to Foreman because Rahman and McCall proved it took only that one lucky shot to KO Lewis. I think Foreman would find that shot and it'd be lights out. Louis beats Tyson via KO. Louis has the height & reach advantage and also packed a good punch. He wouldn't get bullied by Tyson and would land some nice shots, and I think that'd make Tyson think a lot and he'd start eating some nice shots before finally going down in about the tenth.)

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

Match 5: Muhammad Ali vs Joe Louis
Match 6: George Foreman vs Mike Tyson

Match 7: Joe Louis vs Mike Tyson

(After watching some ESPN earlier on and seeing some Tysons greatest hits, I realised just how great he is. The lateral head movement, the phenomenal speed, the awesome power. He was a great Heavyweight. Had potential to be the greatest IMO. Lennox Lewis falls to Foreman because Rahman and McCall proved it took only that one lucky shot to KO Lewis. I think Foreman would find that shot and it'd be lights out. Louis beats Tyson via KO. Louis has the height & reach advantage and also packed a good punch. He wouldn't get bullied by Tyson and would land some nice shots, and I think that'd make Tyson think a lot and he'd start eating some nice shots before finally going down in about the tenth.)
Good description, you left out the part I wanted to read tho, how Tyson beats Foreman.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Good description, you left out the part I wanted to read tho, how Tyson beats Foreman.
Well this is how I view the fight going down..

Tyson makes it difficult for Foreman to land clean on Tyson because of the constant bobbing and weaving and the well timed combos by Tyson which begin to take there toll on Foreman as the fight wears on. Foreman blows a lot of energy trying to land some clean hard shots on Tyson and eventually tires out (similar to how he did against Ali). Tyson begins to pound away on Foreman and eventually KOs him in the 10th round or Foreman firms it to the 12th and Tyson wins a decision. Either way, I think Tyson wins.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Well this is how I view the fight going down..

Tyson makes it difficult for Foreman to land clean on Tyson because of the constant bobbing and weaving and the well timed combos by Tyson which begin to take there toll on Foreman as the fight wears on. Foreman blows a lot of energy trying to land some clean hard shots on Tyson and eventually tires out (similar to how he did against Ali). Tyson begins to pound away on Foreman and eventually KOs him in the 10th round or Foreman firms it to the 12th and Tyson wins a decision. Either way, I think Tyson wins.
Mmmmmm what I bolded sounds a lot like what Joe Frazier tried to do. I give Tyson the harder punch, better combinations, and better chin than Frazier, but George would still be able to hit him just as easily. George never lost a fight to a man who fought him coming forward, and that's the only way Tyson knows how to fight. How Ali beat Foreman is not something Tyson could do. He lacked the reach, and craftiness.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just pointing out some things to consider. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Match 5: Muhammad Ali vs Rocky Marciano
Match 6: George Foreman vs Larry Holmes

Final match: Muhammad Ali vs Larry Holmes
Winner: Muhammad Ali

With some of my picks I feel that one fighter would beat the other at least once out of a trilogy, such as Ali-Holmes. I feel Larry could get a win at least once out of 3. And with Marciano-Louis I feel Joe could get a win at least once out of 3. But, I picked who I feel would win the most.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Match 1: Evander Holyfield vs Muhammad Ali (Ali KO19/UD15)
Match 2: Rocky Marciano vs Joe Louis (Marciano KO13)
Match 3: George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis (Foreman KO2)
Match 4: Larry Holmes vs Mike Tyson (Holmes KO11)

Match 5: Muhammad Ali vs. Rocky Marciano (Marciano KO14)
March 6: George Foreman vs. Larry Holmes (Foreman KO5)

Match 7:Rocky Marciano vs. George Foreman (Marciano KO4)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts