Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hector "Macho" Camacho (sr) vs Perry Ballard on July 18, 2008 and Christy Martin vs Vallerie Mahfood on July 18, 2008 (same card).

From what I saw at the HOF weekend with Camacho training, he's gonna lose unless the other guy is really bad. Camacho is slow, old, heavy, and very rusty. But oh well.

Christy Martin looks strong as ever and is still in very good shape. Vallerie Mahfood is in for a toughfight.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
10th world title? When the fukk did he win his 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, or 4th?
That's what I was wondering. And what title is this? We were just talking about how all the sanctioning bodies are corrupt the other day...who is going to spin things to the point where he's deserving of a shot at any title?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10th world title? When the fukk did he win his 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, or 4th?
I have no idea, that's just what they announced at the HOF. I'm getting the feeling that they are counting all of the alphabet titles and adding them up. I can't imagine it's a major title, either way, he looked like crap and he better hope the other guy takes him very lightly.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hope he still likes to wear costumes and comes out as a school girl because he is going to get spanked!

·
Registered
326 Posts
This is sad man :(

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
This is sad man :(
This aint nothin I heard through the grapevine that The Raging Bull Jake La Motta is planning a comeback. He is going to meet Carmen Basilio in a winner take all show down

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm hoping he wins. The female fight is worth watching. Mahfood is not afraid to be hit. She is the female version of Gatti, IMO.

The guy Camacho is fighting doesn't look like much. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
318 Posts
this is wrong, the commissions shouldnt allow this kind of fight.
Why shouldn't they allow fights like this? It's not like he's trying to fight Pavlik. He fought another older guy who must not have been a world beater.

I don't like watching older guys get beat up by young champions (like Camacho did to SRL) but I don't mind the older vs. older dimension.

I'd pay to see Duran vs. Foreman right now. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was another worthless alphabet title that isn't even well known, the WBE. He won in the 7th.

Martin and Mahfood fought to a draw.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts