Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and boxing. I just joined a boxing gym near my house this monday, and very exited about it, i'm a big fan of boxing and try to watch every fight i get my hands on.
I found this forum while browsing the net for some info and had a chance to read through some discussions, looks like good people are on this board, and i'm looking forward to being a part of this site.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
podxvost1 said:
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and boxing. I just joined a boxing gym near my house this monday, and very exited about it, i'm a big fan of boxing and try to watch every fight i get my hands on.
I found this forum while browsing the net for some info and had a chance to read through some discussions, looks like good people are on this board, and i'm looking forward to being a part of this site.
Welcome to the forum pod. We are all great guys here, and everyone gets along for the most part. Feel free to ask any questions or post any comments. If you need anything or don't understand something we will help.
-Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, right now i'm just reading all the info i can find and listening closely to my trainer, trying to remember everything. today i bought some mitts to practice at home, i want to get the form right, if anyone has some sughestions as far as working the mitts or something that would be usefull for a beginer, please share.
How did i find my gym? I just searched online for the boxing gyms in my area and joined the one that suited me best and actually taught boxing, not selfdefense or fitness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, i missunderstood. I like it so far, i'm glad i finally started training. It is a very intense, i usually workout and play soccer couple times a week, but its not comparable to the amount of energy i spend in the two hours of boxing traning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
2 hours, mint my class is only an hour it flies by though wish it was longer.

Are you looking to have any amatuer fights etc or just training for fitness purposes?
 

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
Joined
·
8,579 Posts
podxvost1 said:
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and boxing. I just joined a boxing gym near my house this monday, and very exited about it, i'm a big fan of boxing and try to watch every fight i get my hands on.
I found this forum while browsing the net for some info and had a chance to read through some discussions, looks like good people are on this board, and i'm looking forward to being a part of this site.
Welcome aboard Pod Enjoy the greateat sport in the world
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spiderbloke said:
2 hours, mint my class is only an hour it flies by though wish it was longer.

Are you looking to have any amatuer fights etc or just training for fitness purposes?
Eventually I do want to fight, I don't believe in training just for fitness, no offense to anyone that does, IMO its like playing tennis with a wall.:)

Thank you everyone for welcoming me to this site. :thumbsup:

Could you guys describe to me what you do in your gym and how you train?
Is it a group of people working on the same thing or is it an open gym and you do what you want, have a trainer work the mitts with you and watch and correct when you working by ourself, or does anyone take private lessons?
Mine is the second one and i'm wondering what is more effective? I understand that private lessons are the best, but i'm not ready for that yet, nor can i afford it, other then maybe once a week.
 

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
Joined
·
515 Posts
podxvost1 said:
Eventually I do want to fight, I don't believe in training just for fitness, no offense to anyone that does, IMO its like playing tennis with a wall.:)

Thank you everyone for welcoming me to this site. :thumbsup:

Could you guys describe to me what you do in your gym and how you train?
Is it a group of people working on the same thing or is it an open gym and you do what you want, have a trainer work the mitts with you and watch and correct when you working by ourself, or does anyone take private lessons?
Mine is the second one and i'm wondering what is more effective? I understand that private lessons are the best, but i'm not ready for that yet, nor can i afford it, other then maybe once a week.
I have a small gym now I just basically train kids the fundamentals of boxing foot work and how to shadowbox. I have a open gym with some sparring. I train one kid who is 16 who gives me a run for my money. I love boxing and since my injury I have tried to share my sport with all others in my area. I have been very impressed with the knowledge in this forum since joining last month. So welcome aboard and good meeting you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
podxvost1 said:
Eventually I do want to fight, I don't believe in training just for fitness, no offense to anyone that does, IMO its like playing tennis with a wall.:)

Thank you everyone for welcoming me to this site. :thumbsup:

Could you guys describe to me what you do in your gym and how you train?
Is it a group of people working on the same thing or is it an open gym and you do what you want, have a trainer work the mitts with you and watch and correct when you working by ourself, or does anyone take private lessons?
Mine is the second one and i'm wondering what is more effective? I understand that private lessons are the best, but i'm not ready for that yet, nor can i afford it, other then maybe once a week.
haha love the way to phrased that.

Same mate I've not been boxing long but hopefully I'll have an amatuer fight further down the line.

I go to a gym with a group of us doing virtually the same thing with slight variances based on ability (more experienced people do more complex combinations etc), with the instructors helping us out.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top