Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, Ive been training about 8-9 weeks and i want to buy a pair of gloves, i know Im supposed to buy both bag and sparing gloves, but i only can buy one pair, Ive reading the reviwes and have narrow the selection to these:
Everlast Professional Hook-and-Loop Training Glove
TITLE GEL® Hook-and-Loop World Training Gloves
IMF Tech Training Gloves - Elastic Cuff
Campeón Hook & Loop Training Gloves
TITLE Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves
Tuf-Wear Hook & Loop Training Gloves
and if someone can say something about the new
Everlast Protex2 Training Gloves
if you have another selection please tell me, i really appreciate your help, thanks a lot

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi everybody, Ive been training about 8-9 weeks and i want to buy a pair of gloves, i know Im supposed to buy both bag and sparing gloves, but i only can buy one pair, Ive reading the reviwes and have narrow the selection to these:
Everlast Professional Hook-and-Loop Training Glove
TITLE GEL® Hook-and-Loop World Training Gloves
IMF Tech Training Gloves - Elastic Cuff
Campeón Hook & Loop Training Gloves
TITLE Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves
Tuf-Wear Hook & Loop Training Gloves
and if someone can say something about the new
Everlast Protex2 Training Gloves
if you have another selection please tell me, i really appreciate your help, thanks a lot
The IMF's are gonna be your best multi-purpose gloves in terms of sparring and bag work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks men, i´ll think about it, any other sugeestions, do you guys think that one of these gloves are not worth buying at all? thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well throw out the Campeón Hook & Loop Training Gloves bcause they will fall apart on you within a week, absolute garbage. Tuf-wear isn't a very good brand, haven't heard anything good about them. Title-gels are for guys who have weak hands and wrists or simply want to feel less impact. Heard good things about protex, haven't tried myself yet, the everlast and title H&L's are also good, but won't last as long as the imf's. There are also some other good ringside brand training gloves besides the IMF's aswell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there much of a difference between mens and womens gloves? I just started training myself, and have just been using whatever "extra" gloves are available... it's been about 6 weeks and I'm ready to get my own...

when I look in catalogs and such, I see a "womens" category, but I really can't tell a difference in the specs?

Anything I should look out for?

TIA...

jen

·
Registered
841 Posts
is there much of a difference between mens and womens gloves? I just started training myself, and have just been using whatever "extra" gloves are available... it's been about 6 weeks and I'm ready to get my own...

when I look in catalogs and such, I see a "womens" category, but I really can't tell a difference in the specs?

Anything I should look out for?

TIA...

jen
Most gloves are made for both sexes and you only have to choose what size you want. Some gloves have a set weight such as 12oz and give you the option of selecting small or regular, small being for smaller hands such as a womens'. Gloves made for women primarily have smaller hand pockets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks! I've just started training and have been working with 14oz, but was encouraged to buy 16oz gloves to train so that when it comes time for an actual fight, the lighter weight will help me... I've just been a bit overwhelmed by all the choices! lol

jen

·
Registered
841 Posts
thanks! I've just started training and have been working with 14oz, but was encouraged to buy 16oz gloves to train so that when it comes time for an actual fight, the lighter weight will help me... I've just been a bit overwhelmed by all the choices! lol

jen
Thats the idea:thumbsup:
16's will def. make your sessions tougher:thumbsup:
There are lots of choices, if I was dirt rich I'd prob. buy all of them:)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Pfft..."f'n awesome" can't describe it. I love the thing they have in it when i make a fist that goes basically in my hand when i'm punching. Feels good :laugh:

·
Registered
75 Posts
18 oz are great. perfect for the average adult.
i've tried grants training and it feels like my wrist has a tendency to bend downwards...like its gonna snap.
imf's are great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts