Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

HELP: History of Boxing Throughout the World

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BoxingManiac 
#1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me. I'm doing research for a boxing-centric project and I'm attempting to find some type of book or work of print that provides a history of boxing beyond the United States. I'm trying to gain a global sense of boxing, but all the books I'm finding focus on the U.S.

I was hoping you folks could make some suggestions. Any book, article or source recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thanks and I hope to get your input.

#8 ·
Oh, ok. Well, get the book "Boxing's Greatest Fighters" by Bert Sugar. The new edition (I think 2006). It has fighters from other races along with American ones. It will give some detail about their lives and careers. A few big names you should look up are: Roberto Duran, Julio Caesar Chavez, Ken Buchanan,Lennox Lewis, Khasio Galaxy, Wilfredo Gomez, Carlos Monzon, and Jeff Fenech. Oh, another good book that has all of the hall of fame fighters up to 2006 is the Boxing Register 4th edition. It is an international book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.