Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I get the feeling my boxing coach doesn't like me.
It's just little things now and again that make me think this.
But i don't have a clue why he would have a problem with me.
I'm a nice guy, i'm polite, i pay attention i keep myself to myself, i don't muck about i train seriously. I get on with outher coaches fine but this guy is the main coach. I actually think he's alright sometimes, wich makes it even more strange because he just makes me feel as though he doesn't like me, and like i'm not welcome. I have been in somedays and hes fine with me, he even gives me pointers now and then. And i can go in another time and he's giving me signals like he doesn't want me their.
It makes me feel a bit down and always thinking what have i done. It's not a case of i'm just being paranoid either i don't think.
Example, i'm the only 1 in the entire gym he doesn't ask to join in. People who havn't been their aslong as me it's ok for them to pay another time if they don't have the money. But i turned up once forgot my money and he sent me home.
I seem to be the only 1 who gets told to wait by the door whilst outhers walk past me.
Everyones new gloves arrived including the people who orderd after me, yet my gloves still havn't arrived.
He will take me down to his office and then say oh no sorry it's not you i wanted it's someone else.
Those are just a few examples i can think of off the top of my head but theirs more.

Also i get the feeling he has a bit of a short fuse so i don't want to say anything incase he just tells me to leave.

I like the gym and their are no outher gyms near by, i really don't want to have to quit boxing.

What are peoples thoughts on this ?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Maybe he doesn't think your talented enough. So he doesn't want to waste his time with you.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Man that sounds harsh. Are you a beginner? Some trainers kinda dismiss those who need to improve a lot because it means more work for them and they wanna focus on the best guys. My advice : train with the other coaches and try to ignore him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe he doesn't think your talented enough. So he doesn't want to waste his time with you.

If that was the case then he should say that.
I can't see that being a problem though, i'm always getting told by the outher coaches that im doing good, out of everyone in technique class most of them get told your doing this wrong your doing that wrong, i mostly get told... That's good or exellent well done. Even outher boxers in the gym have said im good so i doubt it's anything to do with my talent.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Talk to him about it. Keep your voice stern when you do it and he should respect you enough to tell you what he thinks. The more you let him silently disrespect you, the more he'll do it.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
If that was the case then he should say that.
I can't see that being a problem though, i'm always getting told by the outher coaches that im doing good, out of everyone in technique class most of them get told your doing this wrong your doing that wrong, i mostly get told... That's good or exellent well done. Even outher boxers in the gym have said im good so i doubt it's anything to do with my talent.
Your right. He should tell you. Maybe it's a race thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think he is disrespecting me, i just think he is being ignorant and immature.

Im 20, i don't really want to say anything to him incase he makes out it's all in my head, then i'm the 1 with the problem .
I get the feeling it won't take much for him to ask me to leave.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I don\'t think he is disrespecting me, i just think he is being ignorant and immature.

Im 20, i don\'t really want to say anything to him incase he makes out it\'s all in my head, then i\'m the 1 with the problem .
I get the feeling it won\'t take much for him to ask me to leave.
Maybe it\'s time you switch gyms or coaches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might have to leave even though i don't really want to. I will wait it out until my new gloves arrive or i get a refund and if i still feel like i'm not welcome then i will try and travel to the next city to another club.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
What you need to do is talk to the guy buddy. Nothing will change if you dont.

He will keep acting this way and you will keep feeling the way you do, clear the air, if he ask's you to leave then atleast you'll know, if he's cool about it then it'll put your mind at rest.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Is there anything that seperates you from the rest of the guys?

Are you of a different race? Are you richer? Are you poorer?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Guys didnt like me when I first starting going to the gym because I can from a wealthy family. It all goes away in time. You just have to prove yourself. Heres what you do

Get the biggest adn baddest guy at your gym, force him to spar with you and kick his ace.

Respect man lol

oh and what kind of gloves you got coming in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Most the guys their are white like me, im not very much richer or poorer than anyone, i can't think of any reason why anyone would be off with me.
I saw about 8 - 10 pairs of gloves that had come in but mine had'nt arrived yet. Coincidence ? .. Maybe but i have good reason to doubt it.
I wonder how long they will take to come. And what the excuse will be for them taking so long.

1 of the coaches their is a real sound guy, i think he has noticed that something is not right. He asked me once why i was stood at the door, i told him because they usually tell me to wait here until the next class starts, and he looked at me as if to say wtf, and told me to come in and ignore whoever tells me that.

It's 1 of those clubs where they want your money off you before you've even got through the door, 1 of the coaches the 1 who told me to stand at the door until the next class, sometimes comes right up to me leaning towards me kinda in my face "HAVE YOU GOT YOUR MONEY" with his hand held out. within a few seconds of me getting through the door.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
That's ridiculous man. I feel horrible for you. Nobody should be treated like that when they are shelling cash out of their own pockets.

Maybe he is ejalous of your abilities. You never know

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Most the guys their are white like me, im not very much richer or poorer than anyone, i can't think of any reason why anyone would be off with me.
I saw about 8 - 10 pairs of gloves that had come in but mine had'nt arrived yet. Coincidence ? .. Maybe but i have good reason to doubt it.
I wonder how long they will take to come. And what the excuse will be for them taking so long.

1 of the coaches their is a real sound guy, i think he has noticed that something is not right. He asked me once why i was stood at the door, i told him because they usually tell me to wait here until the next class starts, and he looked at me as if to say wtf, and told me to come in and ignore whoever tells me that.

It's 1 of those clubs where they want your money off you before you've even got through the door, 1 of the coaches the 1 who told me to stand at the door until the next class, sometimes comes right up to me leaning towards me kinda in my face "HAVE YOU GOT YOUR MONEY" with his hand held out. within a few seconds of me getting through the door.
You need to find another gym or at least another trainer that guy is not a boxing coach. No kid is turned away from our gym hell i've paid gym fees for a kid many times

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I might have to leave even though i don't really want to. I will wait it out until my new gloves arrive or i get a refund and if i still feel like i'm not welcome then i will try and travel to the next city to another club.
man i'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a misunderstanding. I hope it all works out for ya.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That guy sounds a prick, next time he does that to you just hit him a crack on the jaw!

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
What a bummer , maybe you should order your own stuff online, why do you need them for that anyways, When I started working out I use to go to a local public park hang a heavy bag on a tree before you know it every body wants to hit it and spar with you, if that doesn't work for you and you prefer privacy maybe your back yard, can be your own private work out place, invite some friends over you don't have to support$$$$ those arrogant A-- h---s now a days all the gyms are about the big$$$$$$ and your gonna run into idiots every where you go....I"LL leave it at that....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
You need to find another gym or at least another trainer that guy is not a boxing coach. No kid is turned away from our gym hell i've paid gym fees for a kid many times

That actually pretty kind of you CJ. That deserves a :thumbsup: Seriously. Good work.

I will actually agree with him, find another gym if you can. An upcoming boxer needs a coach who is dedicated to him, or else you will never learn the sport. You have us to help you though. Alot of us box or used to. I'm sure you could get Cj to use his knowledge for good.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.