Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of joining boxing and my mom said okay. Well, anyways heres my question. Here is the website of the one I wanna go to. Click on MEmberships and it sais more details

The Ring Boxing Club You see that right? I am 13 years old. I have school from 7:30AM - 1:20PM. Is there any way I can get in this gym?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Are you looking to do "actual" boxing? Like a true boxing workout, learning the basics, and eventually sparring, posibly even amateur competition down the line?
Because if that is the case, the gym you listed is not for you. That is a boxing oriented fitness workout. It is not a "real" boxing gym.

Check out this link to a plethora of gyms in Massachusetts. I'd try to see which ones are closest, then try to have your mom take you to a few and meet the trainer. See if you can watch a training session, and see if its what your looking for. Even some of those on this list (the one you posted is included) will be "fitness" boxing places. If you just wanna get in shape, they are fine. But if you want to train for real, and actually learn how to box the correct way, you need an honest to goodness boxing gym.

Good luck to you my friend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts