Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im relatively new to boxing. Been training for nearly 4 months. I have been sparring for 2 of those months but just started going to the head 2 weeks ago. Everytime i get hit on the nose, the damn thing bleeds. Doesnt even have to be a solid hard hit, my nose just bleeds after any impact. Is this natural for biginners? How can I change this? Does or has anyone here had this same problem? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Im relatively new to boxing. Been training for nearly 4 months. I have been sparring for 2 of those months but just started going to the head 2 weeks ago. Everytime i get hit on the nose, the damn thing bleeds. Doesnt even have to be a solid hard hit, my nose just bleeds after any impact. Is this natural for biginners? How can I change this? Does or has anyone here had this same problem? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

The nose bleed is normal especially since you just started sparring and "going to the head." Your nose and other parts of your head and face will eventually toughen up just like your knuckles would and the occasional bleeds won't happen as often, but when you do get popped in the nose lightly or hard you're always going to have some sort of blood in your nose whether it's runny or not.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I don't know how to stop except really to protect your nose with a passion. Also, where on the nose do you get hit the most? For me if I get hit on the tip hard enough it bleeds, other than that it doesn't really get bloodied up.

I would go to a doctor and see about it.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Alot of nose bleeds are caused by boogers being torn apart in the nose and other sharp objects. so just clean your nose before you fight and get it nice and moist inside. Thats all I can help ya with.

G

·
Go to see a doctor about having it cortorized. I'm currently on a waiting list to get mine done. I had crazy nose bleeds where it didn't stop for ages and had to give up boxing but apparantely this sorts it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive been boxing 4 about a year now and nearly every time i step into the ring i get a nose bleed.. even frm the slighted jab.. i got my nose cortorized twice and its still bleeding.. my coace told me 2 sniff warm water wit salt.. its suposed 2 harden 2 blood vessils in your nose..

·
Banned
25 Posts
Would sticking a bit of vaseline up each nostril before each fight/sparring session help nose bleeds at all?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's part of boxing, I've boxed for 13 years and I've learned that the basic and easy way is to move your head and roll with the punches. But it's the nature of the beast

·
Registered
262 Posts
My nose never bleeds.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Foley either you're a freak of nature or you've never been in the ring.
:laugh:He's never had a glove on, some kid with a boxing book. He claims to be our next heavyweight world champion:laugh: lol you should see this kid's picture

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Come on guys. Be easy on the kid. Foley don't listen to em' keep your aim high and don't stop pushing for it because if you stop you'll be proving the critics right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where did you see me giving Foley a hard time? I've been boxing for 13 yrs and I have never seen anybody not get a nose bleed. Have you? Don't be so sensitive this boxing not tennis!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've never had a nose bleed, in or outa' the ring.

Truth.

And no sweat guys, I will be heavyweight champion, don't get too worked up over the whole thing, just chill and see if it happens, mkay?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Foley are you a pro yet? where do you train? If you are then I wish you the best. I have a question it may seem oxymoron but why does your profile pic have a pot leaf and yet your going be the next great heavyweight?I can tell you from personally experience you keep smoking pot you are shooting yourself in the foot in your boxing career.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts