Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is lincoln, i used to attend regular boxing sessions at my local club Keighley A.B.C. the troube is i have been going through alot of problems at Home and over time i have lost interest in boxing so i stopped going to my boxing sessions, This is because i am suffering from depression, how do i go on about telling my local boxing club that i want to go back as i have let them down a couple of time because of my illness. I still have no interest but i really want to be a boxer, Im 19 yrs of age male 6ft and 66kg (lightweight boxer), please can someone help me on how to introduce my self back into boxing if anyone can help then Thanks.:confused:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Lincoln07 said:
I still have no interest but i really want to be a boxer...
I think you've answered your own question there. Either you have a burning desire, and you wont be turned down, or you enjoy the workout and comradery, but its not for you. Theres no middle ground here. Your either a boxer, or your not. You have to have the will and desire to push yourself to the extreme without wavering. Boxing is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical one.

If you are sure thats what you want, then march back down to the gym and make that clear to the trainer. If they are sketchy, tell them to put you in the ring right now, and you'll show them you have what it takes. That usually eliminates all doubts, regardless of your skill level. Most trainers dont like to waste their time on guys who arent serious. If you show that you are, then they will be inclined to take the time to work with you.

Best of luck to you no matter which road you choose. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks it was mainly i dont know what to say to my trainer. he knows i have alot of good in me and was going to enter me in to my first competition after xmas this year, thanks for reading, I do have a strong desire for boxing, i also know this as i have spent over £100 on equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts