Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well most of you know i've been boxing for awhile. And i've been using garbage gloves. The everlast gloves that cost 20 dollars in any damn store you go to and i got amateur gloves that i use to just make them fit my hand right and have it in the shape of my fist so when it comes fight night.

I'm trying to find gloves that i can spar AND hit the heavy bag with. I usually use 16 oz to spar people cause they're always bigger than me. I'm looking at professional gloves because i don't know i feel like professional gloves are gonna be the best gloves. I've looked on Everlast, Title, Grant, and even Ringside but i'm really confused i'm not sure if i should choose one because of the fact that i've never felt it and i dont know how it'll feel on me. Can any help me with past experiences on some gloves that they loved to train with that felt really good? And is there a big difference between the professional gloves and the gloves that cost like 60 bucks compared to the 125. If you can help me than thanks a lot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Trust me on this 1, get the ringside IMF training gloves. They are great with sparring and bag work. Very durable, comfortable, protective, all around glove.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMF tech training gloves

Hey - with those IMF tech training gloves, you don't need to wrap or tape your hands first, right?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why would you not wrap and tape your hands???:dunno: You should do that with any and every glove unless you don't care about the future of your wrists and hands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought that for hitting a heavy bag, some gloves were available with enough protection where you didn't have to tape them up every time you hit the bag. I guess not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wraps

Your hand absorbs spreads to absorb the trauma of a hit. Basically if the glove is going to hurt something or move something (bag) it has to counter that force. Once you start hitting hard enough you will see. The wraps stablize the bones, not protect the knuckle. I can hit a bag bare handed due to many years of hand conditioning as a teenager, but I'll probably regret that at some point in my life.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i've realized it my left and right wrist is in pain and i'm taking off from boxing and going to the weight lifting gym for a week to make it heal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I suggest you buy two different pairs of gloves. One for sparring and one for bag pad work. Hitting bags and pads diminish the padding, and your sparring partner will start feeling shots after useage.

Im not sure how much money you want to spend but if you want the best in protection, I would suggest you buy winnings gloves. They will protect your hands and your sparring partners.

This will cost you over 400 dollars so you will probably run off hearing that.

Title GEL provides good protection, on both ends and they are very nice looking gloves.

Cleto Reyes are my favorite glove, but yes winnings do provide more protection on both ends. I spar with my Reyes, and although Ive heard that they are THE punchers gloves, I think they have great padding and the punchers glove painting probably comes from Mexican market gloves and actual pro fight gloves.

Everlast pro trainers are very good.

Grant super bag gloves are very good too.

Ultimate classic trainers provide a lot of protection on both ends, but some say its hard to hurt your opponent with the gloves and they are slightly top heavy. I use em for others who want to spar, I never use em personally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Everlast Pro Trainers

I've always been partial to Everlast. However, they do make a lot of crap based on the price point. So stick with the Pro Trainer that cost about 80. You can buy a set from title right now in black (14 oz only) for $50. I was looking to try something different so I talked with a pro trainer who runs the gym I officiate for (USA Boxing) and though he and his fighter (you know this guy, but I won't say his name) said once you wear Grants you wong go back. He is sponsored by another brand. However, I told him I was an Everlast man and he said they are great as well, the real leather, just wears.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much would you sell it for if my mom actually gave me the money for them. I'm not good at bargaining lol. Ah, nevermind i just asked my mom after i posted this and she said "no i'll buy you new ones you don't wanna use anybody elses ****." Thanks for the offer though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts