Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im a good boxer but i have no reflexes. i feel it very hard to dodge a punch any help?

·
Registered
71 Posts
demon said:
well im a good boxer but i have no reflexes. i feel it very hard to dodge a punch any help?
Sorry but that's contradictory. You cannot be a good boxer if you don't have 'reflexes.' Because you would be 100 yrs. old or dead. Sure you do have reflexes, but need to work on your defences. Only time will teach you how to 'read' your opponent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yo

aam I'm a try to help you to aaam upgrade your reflexes.Here's some advices:
-go and stand with your back against the wall and let your partner throw ping-pong balls at you.
-If you have problems with the eyes (blinking) hold your hands together in front of your face with no distance and let your partner to hit them fast but with no str8.
-Stand in guard and just defend your self from certain combinations you already discussed with your opponent,after that change the combinations
Hope that helps aaam I've tryed them all and I think that they work.:dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Work on it

One thing you can practice on now, that I believe is the second best thing for reflexes then sparring is conditioning your body to go through the same motions you perform when you dodge an attack.

One thing that I do when I work out is grab a medicine ball and do a few figure eights. After I do around 10 sets of those, I grab the medicine ball, hold it close to your chest, and do a few body twists. I also switch it up by twisting either bent over or leaning backwards to help the abs and condition the muscles to perform that kind of action.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That makes sense. Just like you exercise your muscles to train for punches, this is helping your muscle memory for dodging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts