Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first off lately ive become very intrested in boxing and im looking to take it up real soon...but my problem is im a big guy im 5'11 and 340 pounds.. but for the past few months ive been working out pretty hard and have dropped about 25 pounds and still losing.. my queststion is ... at my size ... will i be a decent contender... not looking for pro.. but i dont wanna be walked over...im very strong and fairly qucik for my size..ive been training some on a heavy bag and jogging a few miles every day...do u guys think it will be a good idea to get into this sport ? not only to get better skills but in helping make my wieght loss more fun ?

any info is greatly apreciated thanx

anthony

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Boxing is an awesome way to lose weight as well as get fitter and stronger. I can imagine your quite strong with your size, but i would suggest losing a few more pounds would be beneficial. Hell, if your pretty fast for your size now imagine how fast you could be if you lose some more pounds.

Its definetly a good idea my man, if you want to lose weight, why not do it while enjoying yourself? Try to get to a local boxing gym and get some sparring and tips about technique and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i forgot to add that im 22 .. so i guess im young enough to change it.. no health issues except for asthma .. but which has slowly been leaving me as i get older.. and how would i check my sugar level ? if it helps ive elimated most sugar from my diet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hell ya bro!! I started at 6'3 and 310 lbs, and cut down to about 260, the strengh your legs have after carrying all that weight for so long lead to brutal body uppercuts. Being used to moving around at that weight will give you advantages, Trust me I move a hell of alot better at 260 after being 310 than the majority of guys who have fought at 260 for a long time. Find a good trainer now and you'll be dropping guys in a few months like nobodys buisness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts