Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My pm box is full so I’ll put this here.
My post on the other thread was out of frustration and not a personal attack to any one.
The thread is to celebrate an induction and it always ends up with winning, complaining and bickering.
And it just bothered the hell out of me that it went south.

Why can't you/we vote, say why you/we voted and that’s it?
No need to itch and moan about who is doing what.
Dave

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
My pm box is full so I’ll put this here.
My post on the other thread was out of frustration and not a personal attack to any one.
The thread is to celebrate an induction and it always ends up with winning, complaining and bickering.
And it just bothered the hell out of me that it went south.

Why can't you/we vote, say why you/we voted and that’s it?
No need to itch and moan about who is doing what.
Dave
I understand your frustration. The problem is guys voting just because they think a name looks cool. In my opinion the HOF is kind of important, and the winner should be decided by people who actually have seen the guy's posts. It is kind of a joke if someone votes without ever posting and then never comes back to the site. That is my reasoning.

I just talked to Steve. He makes good points. I guess we can just leave it how it is. Maybe we could put a disclaimer somewhere to request that guys know who they are voting for or something.

G

·
I understand your frustration. The problem is guys voting just because they think a name looks cool. In my opinion the HOF is kind of important, and the winner should be decided by people who actually have seen the guy's posts. It is kind of a joke if someone votes without ever posting and then never comes back to the site. That is my reasoning.

I just talked to Steve. He makes good points. I guess we can just leave it how it is. Maybe we could put a disclaimer somewhere to request that guys know who they are voting for or something.
your right shane, if you want it to be important there has to be some posting history to vote for someone. no doubt, otherwise there will always be a chance someone new will vote just to feel part of the forum:thumbsup:

But and i dont mean any offence here Shane and this aint directed at you or anyone personally, but they way people rounded on him in the public forum for voting was wrong, its could scare new members away. After all, a forum is absolutly nothing without memembers and it will never grow without new members. I know you were always very welcoming to me shane and like i say i not speaking about anyone in particular, but we as a forum shouldnt round on new guys for something in fairness that wasnt their fault, they dont know the importance of the HOF. i think your plan to make a post limit before you can vote is a great idea, i probably wont be able to vote now though:laugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been a member since when and compared to you guys I have a very low post count.
I do more reading then posting because I don’t have the need to comment on every thread or the need to impose my opinions of a fight or fighter on every one else.
If you really look at the high posters I am sure you will find lots of quality posts but you will also find whole lot of none quality posts. I would rate them at 50%
Also
Who is to say that a member from 07 hasn't been doing much more reading then posting?
Who is also to say that they are not on the site as a guest with out logging in?
These are some of my concerns.
Also the more rules you / we implement the more over bearing the forum becomes.

And as far as “this” goes
“This”= “Whoa. Pretty harsh post. That isn't going to fly homeboy. You couldn't be more wrong. Why don't we just let the people in Madagascar vote for the president of the United States while we're at it. They know just as much about the candidates as some of the voters here who vote on day one.”
1-good call on closing the thread right after your post- I do mean that.
2-i am glad to still be a “homeboy” of yours
3-We Americans have no clue of who is who just look at the current president and this year’s democrat’s nominee. The people from Madagascar would probable make a better choice.
4-i loved the movie Madagascar it had me LMAO.
5-Dude don’t take my rants personal. I never take any of yours personal.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Putting a reason for their nomination on the same thread so that non-regulars will at least be able to read about the nominees and their contributions to the site will help.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Putting a reason for their nomination on the same thread so that non-regulars will at least be able to read about the nominees and their contributions to the site will help.
this is a good idea

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
your right shane, if you want it to be important there has to be some posting history to vote for someone. no doubt, otherwise there will always be a chance someone new will vote just to feel part of the forum:thumbsup:

But and i dont mean any offence here Shane and this aint directed at you or anyone personally, but they way people rounded on him in the public forum for voting was wrong, its could scare new members away. After all, a forum is absolutly nothing without memembers and it will never grow without new members. I know you were always very welcoming to me shane and like i say i not speaking about anyone in particular, but we as a forum shouldnt round on new guys for something in fairness that wasnt their fault, they dont know the importance of the HOF. i think your plan to make a post limit before you can vote is a great idea, i probably wont be able to vote now though:laugh::thumbsup:
You would, we are looking at 100-200 post to be able to vote, nothing serious.

I agree. good idea as well.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I have no issue with Italian Bull getting nominated. he's a good poster and has been gracious in prior defeats in regards to the HOF. What does twist my nipple a bit is I had a huge lead with A DAY left. I think a few people didn't vote for me because I'm a mod. But no big deal. It didn't have any effect on my day.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I have no issue with Italian Bull getting nominated. he's a good poster and has been gracious in prior defeats in regards to the HOF. What does twist my nipple a bit is I had a huge lead with A DAY left. I think a few people didn't vote for me because I'm a mod. But no big deal. It didn't have any effect on my day.
I voted for you because you WERE a mod icantbox :laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Why would being a mod make a difference ICB ?? Dont you think mods are too popular at the moment?? lol Heck you took it right up to the wire couldnt have been any closer could it

·
8,579 Posts
I dont think there is any danger of me ever being nominated for the HOF LOL So I wont worry my little head about it :0

·
8,579 Posts
BTW I just noticed
A big congrats to Shane for the Administrator status.:thumbsup:
Yes Congratulations Shane you worked very hard to get your promotion:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts