Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I want to see this weekend. Anyone else as psyched as me at the prospects of Torres beating the hell out of his opponent who aspires to be more like Michael Johnson than Mike Tyson, or any respectable fighter for that matter? That son of a bitch actually turned his back on Torres in the midst of his constant seven yard dashes around the ring. Maybe the stoppage in their first fight was premature, maybe he was slipping on the liquids being thrown into the ring by the fans(allegedly). As I recall, though, it was Torres who slipped when trying to follow up that monstrous left hook that sent Holt to the canvas. Holt wasn't willing to fight and any guy who thinks he's going to take a title from another guy better be prepared to fight for the entire fight. If you ask me, it was poetic justice.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
That's what I want to see this weekend. Anyone else as psyched as me at the prospects of Torres beating the hell out of his opponent who aspires to be more like Michael Johnson than Mike Tyson, or any respectable fighter for that matter? That son of a bitch actually turned his back on Torres in the midst of his constant seven yard dashes around the ring. Maybe the stoppage in their first fight was premature, maybe he was slipping on the liquids being thrown into the ring by the fans(allegedly). As I recall, though, it was Torres who slipped when trying to follow up that monstrous left hook that sent Holt to the canvas. Holt wasn't willing to fight and any guy who thinks he's going to take a title from another guy better be prepared to fight for the entire fight. If you ask me, it was poetic justice.
I got Holt stopping Torres in this one. I think Holt was winning the first one. He dropped Torres in the 6th and was boxing circles around him. The fact that one judge had him down 91-98 is a fukking disgrace. I think Torres kept his title cuz of where the fight took place. It was clearly a pre-mature stoppage. Torres won't have that luxury this time.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Typically, I can look at things objectively and be a reasonable bi-partisan fan, but in this case, I just don't care about all that. I don't like Kendall Holt at all, so even if he got a raw deal, I'm okay with that.

Besides, even if the ref hadn't stepped in, Torres was going to get him out of there one way or another. He's just lucky he didn't get knocked out of the ring and into the arms of the crazy mob never to be seen again.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I got Holt stopping Torres in this one. I think Holt was winning the first one. He dropped Torres in the 6th and was boxing circles around him. The fact that one judge had him down 91-98 is a fukking disgrace. I think Torres kept his title cuz of where the fight took place. It was clearly a pre-mature stoppage. Torres won't have that luxury this time.
I agree. I'm rolling with Holt. Lance I'll give you the same odds as vBookie. I got Holt for a million.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I dont think I want to put a million up, I just went with vbookie this time bud, Next time though.

I'm still taking holt by ko around the 10th round.

This is happening tonight people.

TALK!!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm finding this one tough to call. Holt could very easily outpoint him but I'd love to see Holt stuck out cold. If Holt is on his toes all night it could be a very boring affair.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Click on vbookie to your left, Your'll see a screen full of fights, click on the 1st holt/torres icon. You'll then see odds with the names of the fighters. Your points will have to be out of your bank, I'm sure they are. You can bet whatever you want. The odds for Torres are great.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts