Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Holt/Torres III?

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Unseen 
#1 ·
By Dan Rafael

A third bout between junior welterweight titlist Kendall Holt and ex-beltholder Ricardo Torres is under heavy discussion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com that he's talking with Showtime about putting the fight together for December and offers have been extended to both fighters. Arum said the target date is Dec. 5 in Las Vegas on the eve of De La Hoya-Pacquiao. In their first meeting in Torres' native Colombia in September 2007, Torres retained a belt via controversial 11th-round TKO in a fight in which fans pelted the ring all night with liquid and debris. In the July rematch in Las Vegas, Holt claimed the title with a savage first-round knockout in a wild, 61-second fight. Holt (24-2, 13 KOs) was down twice before knocking Torres (32-2, 28 KOs) cold after an accidental head butt him. Showtime was booked for the rest of the year, but Arum said that when Joan Guzman failed to make weight for his fight last week with Nate Campbell, it meant Showtime, which didn't have to pay for it, suddenly had money left in the budget. "I guess fortunately for us, Guzman saved them a lot of money," Arum said.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
That's great news. Hopefully Torres knocks his ass out without any controversy.
No doubt about it. I remember the feeling I had in the first twenty seconds of their last fight. I want that feeling back. Except this time I want that feeling to stay around, not disappearing twenty seconds later and being replaced by a feeling of utter disappointment and having to see Holt and his people celebrating.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I don't know if you guys saw the vignette tonight or not, but Showtime will be airing the first two fights early in December. That should beat the hell out of watching the grainy version of the first one on YouTube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.