Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Steve Kim of MaxBoxing.com said today that he's hearing December 13th on Showtime. The plan is for the winner to face WBC champion Timothy Bradley in 2009...
That's great news. Hopefully Torres knocks his ass out without any controversy.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
That's great news. Hopefully Torres knocks his ass out without any controversy.
No doubt about it. I remember the feeling I had in the first twenty seconds of their last fight. I want that feeling back. Except this time I want that feeling to stay around, not disappearing twenty seconds later and being replaced by a feeling of utter disappointment and having to see Holt and his people celebrating.

No doubt about it. I remember the feeling I had in the first twenty seconds of their last fight. I want that feeling back. Except this time I want that feeling to stay around, not disappearing twenty seconds later and being replaced by a feeling of utter disappointment and having to see Holt and his people celebrating.
I know, motherfuckers robbed me in vBookie lol. Hopefully this time it will go some rounds and end with Torres on his back (if he doesn't get in a headbutt in first).

Kendall Holt, Ricardo Torres 3 on December 13, Showtime

Kendall Holt and Ricardo Torres are going to battle for the third time. Holt, the WBO junior welterweight champion and Torres, now the challenger, will rumble in their deciding match on a Top Rank championship card on Saturday, Dec. 13 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Torres won the first match in his hometown of Barranquilla, Colombia. Holt, from Paterson, N.J. got off the canvas and knocked out Torres in the second fight in Las Vegas. Both fights were electrifying and packed with controversy. Holt filed a protest after the first fight, Torres did the same after the second fight.

"Now, it will be settled -- I hope!" said Bob Arum of Top Rank.

Holt, 24-3 with 13 knockouts, will defend against Torres, 32-2, 28 knockouts, in a ballroom located inside Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Holt is 27, Torres 28. Caesars of Atlantic City will be the host.

Showtime will televise live, beginning 11 pm eastern.

Tickets at $200, $100 and $50 will go on sale Monday, October 27 on Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site , by phone at 1-800-736-1420, or at any Ticketmaster outlet nationwide. Tickets can also be purchased at the Boardwalk Hall box office. The box office is open Monday through Friday 11am till 5pm and on Saturdays from 10am until 2pm (event day hours are subject to change).

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I don't know if you guys saw the vignette tonight or not, but Showtime will be airing the first two fights early in December. That should beat the hell out of watching the grainy version of the first one on YouTube.

torres is a great puncher and can knock holt out easily i feel. this time i think torres will be smarter and make sure holt gets knocked down but doesn't jump into a ko. infact personally i felt holt had a lucky escape with the clash of heads which allowed him to bang that huge punch. great punch it was but this time i think torres got his number. theirs always a chance that holt can counter and bang torres out too. i would go 60% torres and 40% holt to win.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.