Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Holt/Torres III?

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Unseen 
#1 ·
By Dan Rafael

A third bout between junior welterweight titlist Kendall Holt and ex-beltholder Ricardo Torres is under heavy discussion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com that he's talking with Showtime about putting the fight together for December and offers have been extended to both fighters. Arum said the target date is Dec. 5 in Las Vegas on the eve of De La Hoya-Pacquiao. In their first meeting in Torres' native Colombia in September 2007, Torres retained a belt via controversial 11th-round TKO in a fight in which fans pelted the ring all night with liquid and debris. In the July rematch in Las Vegas, Holt claimed the title with a savage first-round knockout in a wild, 61-second fight. Holt (24-2, 13 KOs) was down twice before knocking Torres (32-2, 28 KOs) cold after an accidental head butt him. Showtime was booked for the rest of the year, but Arum said that when Joan Guzman failed to make weight for his fight last week with Nate Campbell, it meant Showtime, which didn't have to pay for it, suddenly had money left in the budget. "I guess fortunately for us, Guzman saved them a lot of money," Arum said.

#14 ·
I know know know for a fact that Holt does not want to fight Torres again. He knows the power behind Torres's punches and doesn't want to take the chance.

I don't think this fight is going to happen, I think Holt will outprice himself or somehow get away from this fight. That's just a hunch I have about this :dunno:

#27 ·
Kendall Holt, Ricardo Torres 3 on December 13, Showtime

Kendall Holt and Ricardo Torres are going to battle for the third time. Holt, the WBO junior welterweight champion and Torres, now the challenger, will rumble in their deciding match on a Top Rank championship card on Saturday, Dec. 13 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Torres won the first match in his hometown of Barranquilla, Colombia. Holt, from Paterson, N.J. got off the canvas and knocked out Torres in the second fight in Las Vegas. Both fights were electrifying and packed with controversy. Holt filed a protest after the first fight, Torres did the same after the second fight.

"Now, it will be settled -- I hope!" said Bob Arum of Top Rank.

Holt, 24-3 with 13 knockouts, will defend against Torres, 32-2, 28 knockouts, in a ballroom located inside Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Holt is 27, Torres 28. Caesars of Atlantic City will be the host.

Showtime will televise live, beginning 11 pm eastern.

Tickets at $200, $100 and $50 will go on sale Monday, October 27 on Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site , by phone at 1-800-736-1420, or at any Ticketmaster outlet nationwide. Tickets can also be purchased at the Boardwalk Hall box office. The box office is open Monday through Friday 11am till 5pm and on Saturdays from 10am until 2pm (event day hours are subject to change).

#29 ·
torres is a great puncher and can knock holt out easily i feel. this time i think torres will be smarter and make sure holt gets knocked down but doesn't jump into a ko. infact personally i felt holt had a lucky escape with the clash of heads which allowed him to bang that huge punch. great punch it was but this time i think torres got his number. theirs always a chance that holt can counter and bang torres out too. i would go 60% torres and 40% holt to win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.