Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLease will some member of staff tell me why the PM's are not working again neither can we scan a profile?
What is going on ???

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
I was going to leave them off tonight, but changed my mind. You know why without getting into the whys and what fors on the public board.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to leave them off tonight, but changed my mind. You know why without getting into the whys and what fors on the public board.
Well Roger all I can say is you are losing good members hand over fist by taking away private messages and other ridiculous measures
When you join a forum ALL ammenities should be open. By using these tactics youre losing more members than could ever be poached

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
PLease will some member of staff tell me why the PM's are not working again neither can we scan a profile?
What is going on ???
May I ask why you are so worried about looking at poster's profiles? I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm truly just curious.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May I ask why you are so worried about looking at poster's profiles? I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm truly just curious.
I'm not I just would like to use the PM's Yanno Roger is just playing into Tommy's hands by doing this. If Tommy knew what an upset he caused I'm sure he'd be delighted

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not I just would like to use the PM's Yanno Roger is just playing into Tommy's hands by doing this. If Tommy knew what an upset he caused I'm sure he'd be delighted
Well I have no idea why the PM's are turned off, and frankly I'm sick of being blamed for everything especially when I have no hand in a lot of this. You know I've been cool with you lately, CJ, so please respect that and trust me bro. I have nothing to say about the guy, so please don't mention him again here unless it is via PM.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I think you know why PM's are not working as it was mentioned in the Joab thread where you were complaining about the same thing. I don't see where you think anyone is losing members as our membership continues to grow. Especially "hand over fist" LOL What the hell are you talking about ??
Whats the big push for seeing members profiles? That has never been a concern by any member here...EVER, since I've been here. Its been said that this is an administrative decision and is temporary. There are good reasons for features being disabled at times when necessary.

From here out, if you have an issue with the way things are working here, take it to PM with one of the staff members or Admins and your questions will be answered.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have no idea why the PM's are turned off, and frankly I'm sick of being blamed for everything especially when I have no hand in a lot of this. You know I've been cool with you lately, CJ, so please respect that and trust me bro. I have nothing to say about the guy, so please don't mention him again here unless it is via PM.
Roger said its to stop poaching as far as i can understand. I dont see how it solves anything there though. We cant talk in IM can we so having them cut off defeats the object

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think you know why PM's are not working as it was mentioned in the Joab thread where you were complaining about the same thing. I don't see where you think anyone is losing members as our membership continues to grow. Especially "hand over fist" LOL What the hell are you talking about ??
Whats the big push for seeing members profiles? That has never been a concern by any member here...EVER, since I've been here. Its been said that this is an administrative decision and is temporary. There are good reasons for features being disabled at times when necessary.

From here out, if you have an issue with the way things are working here, take it to PM with one of the staff members or Admins and your questions will be answered.
This pretty much sums it all up. I think we all know why you guys want to view profiles.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Roger said its to stop poaching as far as i can understand. I dont see how it solves anything there though. We cant talk in IM can we so having them cut off defeats the object
Well as soon as the BS stops things will go back to normal. It isn't our fault that there's a vindictive child running loose.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Its a simple matter of PM's and profiles being used to poach members to other sites. Plain and simple. Sometimes steps need to be taken, and in this case PM's and profile viewing are down temporarily. My AIM as well as many other staff members' are available if you need to chat. Feel free to give me a buzz.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

AIM: CapnObvious99

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I repeat How the hell can we take things to PM when theyre not working Thats assinine dont you agree. It seems everyone around here is paranoid lately. BTW I know of several members here who have voiced their disaproval of the way things are going of late and have looked for other forums

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but shane what roger is doing by blocking pm's isnt helping

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I repeat How the hell can we take things to PM when theyre not working Thats assinine dont you agree. It seems everyone around here is paranoid lately. BTW I know of several members here who have voiced their disaproval of the way things are going of late and have looked for other forums
Paranoid is when you're worried about something that really isn't going on. Everything we are putting an end to is really going on. What's funny to me is that all of this could have been avoided if one small little thing had not happened.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This pretty much sums it all up. I think we all know why you guys want to view profiles.
I hope that doesnt mean you are accusing me of poaching Shane. Ask around I'm sure if I had someone would have said something. I'm like you and most others I'm a member of all the good boxing forums. The only way forums can survive is to make their forum one the boxing fans want to be on. This one was the best

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paranoid is when you're worried about something that really isn't going on. Everything we are putting an end to is really going on. What's funny to me is that all of this could have been avoided if one small little thing had not happened.
You'll never stop posters from going from site to site shane best thing is just to ignore it. All I can say is I wish that "little thing" hadnt happened what ever it was

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
What a misleading title. When someone ask an "honest" question. That usually means that when they get an "honest" answer, they don't bitch about it. All I see is bitching. You know the answer to this question before you ever asked it CJ. And we arent losing members. I sent you a pm the other day Cj, and told you to respond to it since you had something to say. You never responded, and dont tell me because the pm's werent working. They were at that time. And until this excuse of a person stops poaching and creating alts, pm's will continue to be closed at night becasue this person stays up all night waiting to do this. We've already proved this, theres proof. He's done it every night for the past week. He does not sleep. You seem to be worried about this place because of all the drama that staff seems to cause, yet your the one who initiates most of the drama here. You let staff worry about problems. You think you know something that we don't? Highly unlikely CJ. We have it under control. Practice what you preech. Talk boxing, stop worrying about other things, Just talk boxing.

You ask us to ignore all this stuff, yet you keep bringing it up. Just stop. Talk boxing. This one was never the best one, it is the best one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
but shane what roger is doing by blocking pm's isnt helping
He's doing what is best for the forum as of right now. Roger does this for a living, and all of you need to start putting a little more faith in the guy.
I hope that doesnt mean you are accusing me of poaching Shane. Ask around I'm sure if I had someone would have said something. I'm like you and most others I'm a member of all the good boxing forums. The only way forums can survive is to make their forum one the boxing fans want to be on. This one was the best
I am accusing YOU of nothing. It isn't YOU that I'm worried about. I trust YOU.
You'll never stop posters from going from site to site shane best thing is just to ignore it. All I can say is I wish that "little thing" hadnt happened what ever it was
I have no problem with guys going from site to site, but when a new guy registers here, and registers at another forum within 5 minutes of receiving a PM from a known poacher I have a problem.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya'll seem to have got my reasoning wrong i do try to explain it.
Like that new guy you mention Shane Ok he comes on here, then someone invites him to another site. So he goes to that site and looks around same as he did here. He's going to choose the site he thinks he's more comfortable in isnt he.
Dont forget the fact he was invited to come here probably from somewhere else in the first place. Its really roundabouts and swings if its poaching everyone is doing it. I still maintain that the way to go is to make your site the BEST. Just think a new guy comes in, joins , then finds he cannot look at members profiles or PM, that doesnt give him a good reason to hang around does it. Also more serious, regular posters are getting tired of these restrictions. I'm not trying to incite trouble in any way shape or form I'm genuinely trying to help

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.