Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Hopkins beats Pavlik...

What does Bernard do? I have a bad feeling he'll postpone retirement even longer... Maybe he wants to beat Foreman's record for being the oldest fighter to win a world title.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Probably so. I cant say I dont blame him. Hes always been cocky and cocky guys will fight and fight and fight till they are no longer the best. Goes for any sports really.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Win or lose Bernard will fight again, prob against Roy jones. B-hop knows there still more money to be made for himself.
This is true too. Dopes like us will just keep forking over the money to watch these old fighters keep fighting. As long as they have some fight in them I'll keep on watching.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Win or lose Bernard will fight again, prob against Roy jones. B-hop knows there still more money to be made for himself.
I'm almost sure now that he'll fight Jones again. It'll be pretty much the only option for both soon.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Not if James Toney's fat ass loses weight. Hey...it could happen. :laugh:

Meet at Cruiserweight I say.
Could?! :laugh::laugh: There's more chance of a Hagler comeback than Toney losing weight :laugh:.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I think Hopkins will fight Jones if both of them lose. But I feel very confident that Hopkins will go down, while Jones will be on the winning end of things. If the Jones fight isn't there, I don't know who else Hopkins can fight. Maybe he can nab a belt from one of those Europeans that no one really cares about...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
If both him and Jones lose, I think we'll probably see a rematch between them.

If both win, the same. The only difference is that the hype would be much bigger.

If one wins and the other loses, the chances of them meeting again decreases a little in the nearest future. However, being Calzaghe the winner and Bernard in the other, the chances are slightly bigger Bernard would fight Jones.

Anyways, I dont think Bernard will beat Pavlik on saturday

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
When Hopkins wins his tough bout with Pav :D, Hopkins will have RJ as his last fight. Unless RJ has other plans...

1 - 20 of 503 Posts