Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Its true though, i mean im white, but it is true. Not really racist though. Just Fact. Just like Tiger woods, if he was white, people wouldnt hold him so highly imo. But Calzaghe is an amazing athelte and one of the best boxers I've ever seen, no matter what color he is. Same goes for tiger woods.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That's actually an old comment. Hopkins said it months ago. It's in the last issue of Ring magazine.
Your right it is an old comment. When Hopkins was ask to elaborate on the "White Boy" comment that was his explanation. The thread title is misleading.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im just going by what it says in the article, it says in the article what i titled the thread.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
i See more truth than the race card being said, and im not that big of a fan of bhop, just keeping it real. Which he's doing for the most part, but then again, i dont like bird.
I think people are just looking for things to hold against Hopkins.Neither thing he said was a racial slur. Alan Minter said far worse before his defence against Hagler. Hagler made him pay too

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think people are just looking for things to hold against Hopkins.Neither thing he said was a racial slur. Alan Minter said far worse before his defence against Hagler. Hagler made him pay too
Minter said exactly what Hopkins said C.J. He said i'll never lose to a black man and Hopkins said he'll never lose to a white person.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Minter said exactly what Hopkins said C.J. He said i'll never lose to a black man and Hopkins said he'll never lose to a white person.
I heard he actually said I'll never lose my title to a N***** I hope thats wrong I detest that word

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I remember that. Hagler made Minter sorry he ever opened his mouth.
That fight was ultra competitive for the 3 rounds it lasted, Minter was right in that fight untill he got stopped because of the cut. Im pretty sure they shared the first 2 rounds and it got stopped in the 3rd.

My old man was at that one, he got caught up in the riot after it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hagler completely destroyed minter, that fight wasnt competitive at all, hagler blasted him from the opening bell, one of my favorite one sided beatings of all time.
WTF???? :laugh:

You call this a one sided beating and a destruction job, thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard, the cut takes place after a clash of heads at 2.50 of this video.

Thats just crazy saying that dude, just crazy!

The judges scores at that point of the fight - 20-19 - Minter | judge: Marcello Bertini 19-20 - Hagler | judge: Jose Juan Guerra 19-20 - Hagler.

Again, thats just crazy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I heard he actually said I'll never lose my title to a N***** I hope thats wrong I detest that word
hahaha, it's surpirising but you could actually get away with saying things like that in those days, now a days you can't say shiit without being called politically incorrect.

well in england anyway, in the football world cup we weren't allowed to fly the st. george's flag

children in schools aren't allowed to sing christian songs anymore

britain has gone political correctness crazy,

i'm not a racist by any means but when you can't fly your own countries flag proudly in your own country because of the growing problems in illegal immigration and the flooding of immagrants over populating your country then there is definately a problem.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
:thumbsup:

i See more truth than the race card being said, and im not that big of a fan of bhop, just keeping it real. Which he's doing for the most part, but then again, i dont like bird.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

whenever an issue is brought up regarding race alot of times things get misunderstood by misinterpeting what was said. the race issue is so god damn sensitive causing people to jump to conclusions before even thinking about what was said. wicked is right about this article's title. there was nothing racist about what bernard said. it's just the way things are, and have been for awhile.

1 - 20 of 502 Posts