Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

hopkins vs winky comming soon !!!!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  prettyboywho 
#1 ·
bernard hopkins 47-4-1 32ko's) will return on july 21st to take on winky wright (51-3-1) in a pay-per-view on HBO-PPV. this bout will take place at a catchweight of 170lbs. wrights advisor and attorney jim wilkes told the st petersburg times that contracts haven't been signed and the sight las vegas or new york hasn't been chosen. but those issues are formalties and the deal for the most part is done.

#4 ·
Jetcar said:
If it happens, this should be a decent fight. Anyone think Wink will have trouble carrying the extra weight for 12 rounds?
the weight factor is exsactly why im tipping hop to win this fight. by fight time hop will be weighing about 175 or so. this fight is still lightheavy weight and im not sure winky should have been at middle this guys been a carrer 154 fighter.

#5 ·
agree Winky's handlelers are not doing right by as far as I am consern he is to small to fight that high up in weight lucky for him Hop is not known for a high work rate or heavy shots. if he was real smart he would have challenged Cotto vs Margie winner at #154 and continue to call out Floyd till he steps up.I read someplace that Tito is looking for a fight. Winky should be all over the tele calling Trinidad a punk make him come and fight. ( before all you Tito fan start on me remember Tito chasing chickens around on t.v calling Oscar out before the fight was made I always felt it was class less)he deserves some of his own medicin.

#6 ·
Didnt Winky already dominate tito once? That fight wouldnt really make any sense. Id rather see B-Hop vs Joe Calzaghe, and Winky rematch against Taylor. The first fight was a very good, and close, fight. The rematch should be even better.
I think we may be close to the end of the career of Winky Wright as a boxer. This B-Hop fight would be a very big payday, against a legend, and champion, and if Winky wins it would certainly polish off a very nice career.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.