Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i had my second amateur fight and lost but i cant seem to figure out how. He hardly hit me with any clean punches most was just wild swinging that hit me in the arms. I almost knocked him down 3 times kept counter punching and they had to stop the fight to clean the blood off his face so how the hell would i loose a decision?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
ok well i had my second amateur fight and lost but i cant seem to figure out how. He hardly hit me with any clean punches most was just wild swinging that hit me in the arms. I almost knocked him down 3 times kept counter punching and they had to stop the fight to clean the blood off his face so how the hell would i loose a decision?
Because the judges score mainly on activity. The system of amateur scoring is crap TBH.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, the amateur scoring system is crap, they don't care who landed the cleaner, harder punches, as long as the other guy throws a hundred punches a round they will give it to him.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
so i guess getting through amateur ranks as a counter puncher isnt going to work?
Not unless you're knocking them out. Don't get me wrong, you can still fight your style, just press more action in doing so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts