Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

How Did You Score It?

11K views 235 replies 23 participants last post by  vitalcoordinate 
#1 ·
I thought last night's fight was amazing, but I felt like the decision went the wrong way. I had it 114-113 Marquez. A draw would have been fine, but I really want to know how everyone scored it round by round. I'll post mine in a bit.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Here's mine.

1. Marquez 10-9
2. Marquez 10-9
3. Pacquiao 10-8
4. Pacquiao 10-9
5. Marquez 10-9
6. Marquez 10-9
7. Pacquiao 10-9
8. Marquez 10-9
9. Pacquiao 10-9
10. Pacquiao 10-9
11. Marquez 10-9
12. Marquez 10-9

114-113 Marquez...

Discussion starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just some icing on top...
Total Punches: Pacquaio - 157 of 619 (25%); Marquez - 172 of 511 (34%). Jabs: Pacquaio - 43 of 314 (14%); Marquez - 42 of 201 (21%). Power Punches: Pacquaio - 114 of 305 (37%); Marquez - 130 of 310 (42%).

Duane Ford should be shot.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
1.Pacquiao.
2 Marquez
3.Pacquiao 10-8
4.pacquiao big round
5 marquez
6 marquez
7 pacquiao
8 marquez
9 pacquiao
10 pacqiuao big round
11 marquez
12 pacquiao very close round imo but pacquiao seemed to outpunch marquez to me in that round.
Also, all 3 judges gave 7 to Marquez. The only one who gave the 12th to Pac was...guess who...wait for it...DUANE FORD.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I agree with your score. Funny how the Punch stats all went Marquez's way. Which leads to the question of how much do they influence our scoring at home. I generally don't pay attention to them. I definitely thought at least two rounds were even.
I pay absolutely ZERO attention to them. I rarely pay attention between rounds. That is when I am filling out my scorecard and jotting down notes.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Shane if you close one eye and wear shades on the other Pac would have won the 1st and the 12th round!! maybe!!
I had Marquez by two point and two rounds I had for Marquez could have been even so at worst it should have been a draw.
That's what I thought. A draw is the worst I would accept, but I knew they would hand it to Pacquiao.
Pacquiao barely landed a significant punch in rounds 1 & 2 and JMM was controlling the pace. I actually had it 115-112 JMM at first watch, i was almost 100% sure JMM would get the decision because it wasnt hard to score, although it was very close i thought the rounds were easy to score and JMM won.
I agree with everything here. I also thought every round was fairly easy to score.

Last night confirms my opinion that Pacquiao isn't the second best boxer in the world. No doubt about it.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
You argue that pac didnt win round 7 shane? yet you and jroc both gave it to pac as well...... JMM landed 1 right hand in round 1, Pac landed 1 left hand in round 1. I thought pac's was harder..... 12 round was very close. Hell marquez can have the round for all I care, even if its 6 round to 6, pac still won the fight.
I must have missed something...I'll go back and check, that might have been the wrong round.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
IMO marquez is the superior boxer to pacquiao, still is. But pac is the better fighter. Theres no way you can score the fight a draw. No way. The 10-8 round makes it almost impossible. 6 rounds to 6, is usually a draw, but even if its a draw by rounds, pac still had a 1 point lead. Even if ford gave marquez that last round, He still would of lost.
The point is that Ford is an idiot! 115-111! WTF fight was he watching? It wasn't 6-6. It was 7-5 Marquez.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
I agree to a certain extent. The fact that the croud went absolutely crazy everytime Pacquiao threw a combination, even if none of the punches landed cleanly, may have had an effect on the judges.
:thumbsup:
sounds like the genius who gave taylor the 12th round when he was getting his ass beat by hopkins has struck again:thumbsdown:
Yeah that was him. I think every time Marquez punched, Ford sneezed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.