Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exactly WHAT do you want out of boxing?
I am sure most of you strive to be the best in boxing. Some of you may compete to test yourself against the pack....eat good, train hard everyday, condition yourself, etc...
but HOW far...precisely HOW far do you want to take it? Are you just doing this to have fun? Out of curiosity? try to make it to the top?
I am asking these questions tonight because I really asked myself this today in the gym when I collapsed of exhaustion after a few rounds on the heavy bag...
Why am I ripping the **** out of myself like this? Why do I do this? What is it that keeps me coming back to hitting the heavy bag? That insatiable lust for crushing the heavybag? Is it thirst for blood? Is it desire for greatness and power? And then I realized it....
IT WAS Intense hunger for domination and POWER...determination to be ruthless and bang without mercy on the ring, and not only to bang, but to KEEP banging at lightning speed...to BANG BANG and BANG till he's NO MORE to be able to SMASH and POUND the best of the best, to have the STAMINA, CONDITIONING, STRENGTH, and COURAGE to do this. The guy on the other side of the ring....is as determined as ever to keep YOU being a NOBODY...a BUM...a DREAMER. He has gloves....he's trained to take you tot he ground...
BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
TRAIN YOURSELF TO PUT THAT MOTHERFUCKER IN A COMA!
working towards this goal...day by day...I am able to make myself a little bit stronger, faster, and have more stamina than the day before. By that realization alone...life suddenly has meaning...life suddenly has a purpose. The feeling walking out of that gym is beautiful...
Prepare to compete...prepare to go against the best...and be prepared to take it as far as humanely possible in the sports of boxing.
This is what I box for.
What do you box for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts