Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, or how good could he of been would probably be accurate.

was watching some of my old fight DVDs and watched the Byrd fight again, fukk me that was a brutal KO.

His fight with Tua was quality aswell, more punches thrown in a 12 round HW than there ever was in a 15 round HW fight history.

Point is, how good could Ike of been? Would he be HW champ or only a contender?

I think he could of been a top guy in the division, no tyson but exciting and hard hitting.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He was no tyson and his most impressive performance came against tua. He also knocked byrd the fukk out but he didnt look all that great in that fight until the what 5th when he hammered him with that monsterous shot. He was a very very good fighter. He may of beat lennox lewis to be honest, but thats hypothetical. He would of been HW champ right now imo.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
and that motherfucker was as guilty as sin so that aint up for discussion or debate and isnt the point of the thread:laugh:
You shouldn't of posted this because it's going to change the whole direction of your thread. Because many have some extremely strong feelings on this and I'm up in the air about his conviction.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
He was no tyson and his most impressive performance came against tua. He also knocked byrd the fukk out but he didnt look all that great in that fight until the what 5th when he hammered him with that monsterous shot. He was a very very good fighter. He may of beat lennox lewis to be honest, but thats hypothetical. He would of been HW champ right now imo.
tbh i agree Lance, against Byrd he didnt look to good until that Ko, but he had that in his locker, brutal hitter. He would be the dominant heavy right now anyway, him and lewis would of been great fight.

Waste of a career. the Wlad would of been KTFO against him thats for certain, shame he was one crazy motherfucker.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
You shouldn't of posted this because it's going to change the whole direction of your thread. Because many have some extremely strong feelings on this and I'm up in the air about his conviction.
ill edit it, but i just didnt want it to get sidetracked about wheter hes guilty or not, just wanna talk about Ike the boxer. cheers lance, good call.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ike wouldave been supreme in todays HW divison, back then? Im not so sure, i think both Holyfield and Lewis wouldave beaten him. But he was a real good HW and he would problaby be the undisputed champ today, but like i said back then i dont think he wouldave been a ATG.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
tbh i agree Lance, against Byrd he didnt look to good until that Ko, but he had that in his locker, brutal hitter. He would be the dominant heavy right now anyway, him and lewis would of been great fight.

Waste of a career. the Wlad would of been KTFO against him thats for certain, shame he was one crazy motherfucker.
ill edit it, but i just didnt want it to get sidetracked about wheter hes guilty or not, just wanna talk about Ike the boxer. cheers lance, good call.:thumbsup:
I agree man, on every one of your points made. Lets discuss the boxer Ibeabuchi. Not his personal life.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ike wouldave been supreme in todays HW divison, back then? Im not so sure, i think both Holyfield and Lewis wouldave beaten him. But he was a real good HW and he would problaby be the undisputed champ today, but like i said back then i dont think he wouldave been a ATG.
Basic logistic syllogism.

Holyfield and Lewis are ATG's.
ATG's lose to other ATG's.
Ibeabuchi could of still been an ATG, even with loses to holyfield and lewis.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I disagree with you on that point having known Ike since he arrived in Dallas in , I think it was 1993? But thats not the point, Ike had been moulded into the complete boxing machine by Curtis Cokes and his team. He was the only HW since that I would give a chance of beating a focussed in shape Lennox Lewis.
He'd be undiputed unbeaten HW champ today if only he hadnt called that $$$ grabbing hooker

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
he was up for parole 2 years ago and there was talk he would come back to boxing, i got abit excited but his parole was denied. He will never be back.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Who knows how good he could have been? I have my doubts that he would exceed Lennox Lewis. One thing is for sure, he would be at the top right now.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
he was up for parole 2 years ago and there was talk he would come back to boxing, i got abit excited but his parole was denied. He will never be back.
He was sold down the river completely, he never ever had a fair trial. He was incarcerated for almost 18 months without any official charge, kept under sedation almost like a zombie because they were scared of what he "Might" do. Ike was a victim of the Tyson case, he was classed as just another black boxer who rapes women by that very biased woman judge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts