Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much i have been a pushover / the nice guy / Non - confrontational ( Pussy ) haha. I never asked to be like this and i want to do anything to become confident about defending myself if need be.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It helps a whole lot.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Pretty much i have been a pushover / the nice guy / Non - confrontational ( Pussy ) haha. I never asked to be like this and i want to do anything to become confident about defending myself if need be.
Well...i'll give ya a story. I used to have low self esteem. My brother always got the girls for some reason and i didn't know why. He would call me ugly which in return would make me get even more low self esteem. Boxing came around my personality started changing. I used to be shy but now i'm not. I'm more open now and now i realize i've always been a sexy **** lol but me knowing that i look good and have high self esteem makes girls attracted to me. Boxing pretty much made me a pretty boy. I'm just like you i'm a nice guy i'm non confrontational you can say whatever you want call me a pussy call me a bitch on the street but when it comes down to touching me that ass is getting a beating lol. I have a very long fuse. You can push me okay i'm fine with that. Push me again it'll bother me a bit..push me a 3rd time then its a problem. If you punch me the first time its a problem. So i have my standards for when i fight. I've been boxing for a year and a half and i don't need to be giving people stitches or broke noses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Like i said im mainly looking for something to give me confidence and high self esteem. I have also been very shy all my life too, so im glad you mentioned it made you unshy too. I have been in many situations were i should have stood up for myself or my friends and i didn't which makes me feel like **** each time.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Don't worry about it. Boxings a great sport. You need a LOT of heart for this sport its not easy bud. Get into it it's fun. I used to be extremely shy. Got me no girls like that...now i'm not at all. After i started boxing is when the girls kept coming and i was making out with a 18 year old and i'm only 16 along with kissing a girl that already had a boyfriend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't worry about it. Boxings a great sport. You need a LOT of heart for this sport its not easy bud. Get into it it's fun. I used to be extremely shy. Got me no girls like that...now i'm not at all. After i started boxing is when the girls kept coming and i was making out with a 18 year old and i'm only 16 along with kissing a girl that already had a boyfriend :thumbsup:
No offence buddie, but "making out" with a girl at 16 is nothing. You can brag when you've drilled the slut up the arse.

Shoulda' poked it atleast, 18YO's always put out if you make a move.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yeah i know i could've but i didn't make the move. She wanted me to but when i made the move i saw she didn't come forward so i was like let me give her her space. We met like just a few weeks ago. I told her what i was gonna do with her..now she got a boyfriend :laugh: bitch makes quick decisions. I know it aint nothing but back then i would be way too shy to make a move. I made the move first. I'm like **** it what do i have to lose? I'm too sexy to be turned down from a kiss :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Like i said im mainly looking for something to give me confidence and high self esteem. I have also been very shy all my life too, so im glad you mentioned it made you unshy too. I have been in many situations were i should have stood up for myself or my friends and i didn't which makes me feel like **** each time.
I can relate but boxing gives you the confidence to know you can fight, people will see you not be scared of doing what is necessary and will often walk away without a punch being thrown.
I've proved several times since I started this that I'm not the same person you could bully in school and as a result haven't had a problem in a while.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well...i'll give ya a story. I used to have low self esteem. My brother always got the girls for some reason and i didn't know why. He would call me ugly which in return would make me get even more low self esteem. Boxing came around my personality started changing. I used to be shy but now i'm not. I'm more open now and now i realize i've always been a sexy **** lol but me knowing that i look good and have high self esteem makes girls attracted to me. Boxing pretty much made me a pretty boy. I'm just like you i'm a nice guy i'm non confrontational you can say whatever you want call me a pussy call me a bitch on the street but when it comes down to touching me that ass is getting a beating lol. I have a very long fuse. You can push me okay i'm fine with that. Push me again it'll bother me a bit..push me a 3rd time then its a problem. If you punch me the first time its a problem. So i have my standards for when i fight. I've been boxing for a year and a half and i don't need to be giving people stitches or broke noses.

HAHAHAHAHAHA a year and a half and yet to have a fight:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA a year and a half and yet to have a fight:laugh::thumbsup:
The top fights I want to see in 2009:
R_Myers vs. Foley

At least one of them would shut up afterwards :laugh:. Then the winner could get KO'd by Brooklyn :D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can relate but boxing gives you the confidence to know you can fight, people will see you not be scared of doing what is necessary and will often walk away without a punch being thrown.
I've proved several times since I started this that I'm not the same person you could bully in school and as a result haven't had a problem in a while.
Well i have been boxing for about a week now and been feeling better about myself with each practice. Confidence to know that i can fight is great. If I get in a situation down the road and someone backs down when i go into my boxing stance thats even better than getting into the fight. Even if i got really good at boxing, Im definitely not the person to go around looking for fights. I just want peace of mind knowing i can stand my own ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts